Pedal(s)

Curtis P

Which pedal does Randy Rhoads use? a MXPR or something? i believe its a yellow box with blue knobs? i seen one in at my local music centre place and i would like to get it if its the right one

MXR Distortion Plus, IIRC. Uh, you know he passed away awhile ago, don't you?

We were working inside today and this guy had his 'box and his CD's.

Good selection...Metallica, Alice in Chains, SOAD, White Zombie, Korn, BuckCherry, Voivod, bla bla bla.....

...and right after lunch he slams in a Best of Ozzy CD.

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Got to hear ALL of Ozzy's guys. Randy, Jake, Zakk, we freakin' ROCKED that joint down with some serious '80's shreddin'! :D

I got more work done with Ozzy playin' than with anything else he played.

Randy was the greatest. :D

we always lose the great ones.

can you imagine the SRV, and RR jams in heaven?! talk about shred!!!

'Then somebody said fair warning'

Haha! One of my -all-time- favorite VH tunes!

I got to see VH on their very first national tour when I was 17, still in high school. They were touring on their first hit, 'Runnin' With The Devil'.

:D Wow. B)

Those were the days.

Yes, I do know he passed away, in 1982 to be exact, sue to the plane crash the tour bus driver was operating, an MXR plus eh? hmmm, might phone guitar shop see if they have ay in stock

Curtis

P.S. he was an awesome guitarist, an i downloaded a live video of crazy train with zakk playin, i didnt like it as much as the one randy did

Curtis

i though RR died in a helocopter crash? was it an airplane? what di i have for lunch? where am i? this is not my beautiful wfe. how did i get here?...

and the days go by...

:D

yeah Fair Warning is my all time favorite album... eddie was at his prime, it was so raw and refined at the same time, and it had a kickin bass solo, and MEAN STREET is the best riff ever... besides smoke on the water maybe, or ironman, but IMO it's the best. B):D

i though RR died in a helocopter crash? was it an airplane? what di i have for lunch? where am i? this is not my beautiful wfe. how did i get here?...

and the days go by...

:D

it was Stevie Ray Vaughn who died in the Helecopter Crash, in 1991

Of all things, a Helecopter Crash? what are the chances. . .

Why do all the greats have to die prematurely? Jimi, SRV, Rhodes, . . .

He was decapitated by the rotors, wasnt he?

Yes, the wording was horrible, might as well edit it now :D

I phoned about an MXR + yesterday and they are 127 dollars, and they will only give me about 50 to 75 bucks for my Boss Heavy Metal HM 2, i dunno about that, i just had it repaired too! kinda a kick in the you know what

Curtis

• 2 weeks later...
He was decapitated by the rotors, wasnt he?

Yes, the wording was horrible, might as well edit it now :D

I phoned about an MXR + yesterday and they are 127 dollars, and they will only give me about 50 to 75 bucks for my Boss Heavy Metal HM 2, i dunno about that, i just had it repaired too! kinda a kick in the you know what

Curtis

i have a mxr distortion clone that i would consider trading.. but you do know that randy rhoads only used the distortion plus as a booster for his marshal for solos and such.. and he really didnt' use the gain too much at all it was mostly using the volumes outptu to add an extra hot signal to the amps input..