ProjectGuitar.com Site Updates - Sept 2012

Project Guitar is being updated! We have been online for a little over ten years and to mark this the whole projectguitar.com website will be receiving a gradual overhaul plus the forum has been given a whole new look.

Currently the board background uses a few "default" header images however these will soon be altered to guitar/luthiery-specific backgrounds. If you so wish, one of six backgrounds can be selected by clicking the small paintbrush icon in the top right hand part of the site....

Welcome to the next ten years.

Thanks for the feedback. Any minor oddities will be ironed out as time goes along however the main tasks ahead are the relaunch of the main ".com" side of the site and the integration of the new articles and content system. Certainly, Project Guitar has a lot of growth ahead and a correspondingly large amount of work (and coffee).

The six selectable header images come with many thanks to ScottR as this month's GOTM winner (#1), and from gracious donation by Robert Woudsma of LoonSong Instruments (#2). Each month as we have a new GOTM winner, a new header background from the winner's photos will be chosen for the site in the default header image position meaning that all new visitors to PG and those who have the first image header selected will instantly see your creations!

I use Firefox,but it's not just me,Mikro is having it worse.It's not really age for me as much as a nearly 20 year welding career in the sun.I think it's the color more than the size.The kids that write these programs have no experience yet with bad eyes.

I'll dig around in my browser,but this forum is the only one that gives me an issue,every other site is fine(stewmac,amazon,etc)

Oh..my face is about 2 feet from the monitor

Okay, cool. So how's that working for you, Wes?

8pt text

10pt text

12pt text

14pt text

18pt text

24pt text

It does mean however, that posts that use specifically-sized text might now be out of whack in relation to the default 14pt text size. We need to keep an eye out for that. Can you manage that, Wes? :lol:

Actually, this morning I was reading an article on how DRM is making documents such as e-books, etc. impossible for visually-impaired people to use reading aids.

http://www.zdnet.com/going-blind-drm-will-dim-your-world-7000004586/

I will certainly keep accessibility in mind from hereonin before the new PG site becomes too "ingrained" to change it Wes.