Guitar Of The Month For October

Guitar of the Month for October  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Demonx... I said it when I first saw it and I never wavered this month. If I had the scratch and didn't have a 9,000 Martin in the mill right now, I'd be on you to buy this guitar. The only thing that could have improved this axe would be to remove the neck pickup and leave it a single humbucker but that's just my personal preference.

I liked all of the guitars this month!

Zyonsdream: Thanks for the kind words

A guy saw this on my Facebook page and has ordered a variation of in 7 string neckthru form. Is going to look amazing! The Tas blackwood is the neck and then slightly lighter Vic blackwood for the body. Check it out!

Existo got my vote. I voted for your earlier incarnation of this axe when it was up for GOTM a couple of months back, and this version is still one of my favourite takes on a LP singlecut.

Honorable mentions:

Demonx - loved the understated combination of timbers used. My only criticism is that to get around the steep exit angle of the strings behind the nut you've had to run the strings around the tuning pegs anticlockwise, which (unless I'm missing something, in which case I apologise) the tuning buttons will have to turn opposite to normal in order to tune the strings. Beautifully put together nonetheless.

Crow - interesting take on a Tele-hybrid. I've got plans for a tele-style build in the future myself, so I'm always keen to see other people's interpretation of classic designs. The grey maple top seems a bit washed out, but perhaps that's just due to the lighting.

Well done everybody. There is defintitely some stiff competition this month.

Curtisa: thanks for the kind words.

The lock nut cancels out your concerns, however these were only temperary strings in a temporary bridge for the photos.

The guitar now has a Floyd rose pro bridge, ebony pickup surrounds and the strings are wrapped around the tuners the correct way!

Wow, what a choice. Some of you guys need to start turning out some really crap guitars to make voting easier :rolleyes:

I've decided to go for the Owl and the Fox because that top is something special, and the gold hardware shows it off a treat :)

demonix - Tasmanian Blackwood; Organic and authoritative, lovely sleek lines, you know this rocks hard.

Mine – Big Red; Lightweight, comfy and redder than Lindsay Lohan’s woman bits.

Crow – Grey; Great evolution of Tele conventions, beautiful top that reminds me of the surf and sand.

Iluvteles – The Owl and the Fox; Determination pays off big time to produce a sophisticated and dreamy axe

Manapia – The Dagda; Fantastic shape, the headstock and wavy fret board end is pure class

brutal-lv – Existo; Craftsmanship to the nth degree, gorgeous top didn’t hurt either, inspirational

andyt – Donnie24; Fantastic art on an axe, big visual impact, looks like a shredder to me

:) :) :)

demonix - This is what I have come to expect from Alan. A professional guitar. Very well executed.

Muzz – This is also well executed. Not my bag but still well done. I think this one went better than your last one. Looking forward to the next.

Crow – Excellent carve on a Tele. I really like it. You are a true artist with a gouge.

Iluvteles – Amazing finish to a long fight. The one thing I don't understand is the scalloped frets. Not sure it was executed the way I would have done it.

Manapia – This was a really close second for me. The amount of details and tricks in that design are awesome. From the curve at the top of the fretboard to the neck joint I really like it. Only knock for me was that I am not a fan of the scarf in the middle of the neck.

brutal-lv – I would own this one. Got my vote. I love the bevel on the back... as well as everything else.

andyt – You always amaze me with your talent for building Ibanez style guitars. The art is awe inspiring as well... but I hate the JS model and the bald little overrated dude that plays them. But you are still the greatest Swirler I have ever seen.

Thanks for all the words and votes. I think I'm doing well for my first GOTM.

Scalloped frets. I've wanted to try scallops for a while now. All the practice runs turned out bad so I decided to use a ball nose cutter and just run it along. Thats now it turned out. I though of finish them off by hand but since it was the 3rd neck for the Owl and the Fox I though just to leave alone as one more mistake would have seen the whole project in the bin and me hanging up the router for ever. I think for rev 2 of this superstrat will not be scalloped as they are hard to do well.

Lee