Guitar Of The Month For November

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 22nd or 23rd of October then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :)

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

SWIRLYSEVEN

Ok, something a bit more subtle this month, had this body sitting around for a while after swirling & got round to make a neck for it.

Basswood RG body, recessed bridge, OneShot enamel swirl, 2k clear

5 piece maple/bubinga neck, ebony board, 2k clear

20121002_123837.jpg

20121002_123727.jpg

20121002_123813.jpg

20121002_123907.jpg

20121002_123655.jpg

Trans Candy Red SS7

Mahogany body and headstock

Rosewood fingerboard

Maple 3pc neck

Bareknuckle Holydiver bridge p/up

Bareknuckle Mothers milk neck p/up

Kahler Tremolo

Grover tuners

IMG_3698small.jpg

IMG_3700small.jpg

IMG_3713small.jpg

IMG_3705small.jpg

Build pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.352354684846372.82745.122774891137687&type=1

My first acoustic from the ground up, that includes resawing back, sides and top from blocks. I threw quite a variety of wood at this thing ... to see what it looks like and what the hell, I figure if you got it you may as well use it! I found the build to be a rewarding experience and I've already got the gears turning on another acoustic as well as a custom Carved top LP, but those are for later.

The guitar is based on the Ian Anderson signature Martin O-28. A little guitar with a huge presence, featured in songs like Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day etc. and you would never see him without it on stage. All measurements and dimensions are to spec (well, almost :)) but I took some liberties with the materials.

Bookmatched figured maple back

Bookmatched black walnut sides

Bookmatched Sitka spruce top

Bookmatched ebony fretboard

Holly binding

Spalted maple headstock cap

Purpleheart headstock backing

Honduras mahogany neck

Polished ebony heel cap, volute and old-style pyramid bridge.

Bone nut and bridge saddle.

Inside consists ot sitka spruce lining and bracing (scalloped) as well as hard maple bridge plate.

Grover tuners, basic single action truss rod and I even put my name on the headstock for a change. Clear high gloss lacquer finish. Soundhole rosette is abalone/MOP. 25" scale , 19 frets, 11 frets to body, (I know, should be 12) and custom wide neck (1 7/8" at the nut) 16" radius, medium/medium frets. MOP Martin style diamond fretboard inlays. My friend requested paddle headstock but my next one will be slotted.

HPIM2515.JPG

HPIM2516.JPG

HPIM2519.JPG

HPIM2517.JPG

When I first strung it up I was surprised at how loud and clear this little guitar sounded! I mean equal to or bigger than most dreadnoughts I've played. I guess the secret is the neck position (hence the soundhole position more towards center), the scalloped bracing and the very thin spruce top. A couple more pics here

Edited by Southpa

COBRA

Body:

Chambered mahogany core,

25mm maple top carved with a recurve,

16mm thick maple back with shallow carve.

Pearloid binding.

Neck:

5 piece laminate. Maple & mahogany. Mahogany headstock with scarf joint & small volute.

Ebony fretboard,

medium nickle silver frets,

Side dot markers,

Pearloid binding,

Bone nut,

Hardware,

2x humbuckers. Alnico2 unpotted, 2 wire with nickle covers.

1x vol. 1x tone. 3 way toggle switch.

Cloth wrapped wiring, orange drop cap. No shielding in cavities.

Gotoh tun-o-matic bridge & tail piece.

Gotoh machine heads.

High gloss/polished 2k poly finish.

frontbackfull2.jpg

frontbackclose.jpg

17166-glam.jpg

montagecopy.jpg