Upgrading The Shop Tools

RestorationAD

Lol, I guess thats a good thing living in the most broke state in the Union. Deals to be had allllll over the place. Local pawnsops are chocked full of awesome tools, and the shop itself isnt doing so well, so I can bring 30 bucks in, and walk out with 500$ in tools sometimes lol.

You suck.

On a side not I think I am selling the CNC and getting a mans CNC

Lol, I guess thats a good thing living in the most broke state in the Union. Deals to be had allllll over the place. Local pawnsops are chocked full of awesome tools, and the shop itself isnt doing so well, so I can bring 30 bucks in, and walk out with 500$ in tools sometimes lol.

You suck.

Real men use chisels and hand saws.... aka I really wish I had a CNC machine lol

You suck.

Real men use chisels and hand saws.... aka I really wish I had a CNC machine lol

You my friend confuse the Working Man with the Thinking Man.

Which side are you on?

You suck.

You my friend confuse the Working Man with the Thinking Man.

Which side are you on?

lol Im on the "I dont want to spend 6000$ to get a CNC machine going" side :D

How do you align the lasers? Remove the insert and see if it hits the centre of the triangle on the base? :D

That looks like a really sweet piece of gear! The pillar drill that works in our shop has a habit of spinning the draw bars around and trying to whack your knuckles out of their joints. Those handle ends look a lot less painful to me.

The lasers are adjusted by allen head wrench. Useless... no real need for them. You have to adjust them everytime you move the deck.

The quill moves pretty slow. When you let go of the handles it just kind of creeps back up slowly... very nice.

It drills holes. It drills holes like they are supposed to be drilled. I used it for a few hours today and it was amazing. I can not recommend this drill enough.

I wish somebody had recommended it to the heads of department instead of buying the DeKnucklefier 2000 we have. Drilling anything over a few centimetres loads up the quill like a clock spring. It was beautifully accurate when I was drilling side markers for fibre optics last week though. Have you tried that operation yet? I guess it will pass it with flying colours though, and it certainly should.

I just ordered a new brad set. I cannot even remember the brand but the guy at the ship never steers me stray and he said these German made ones are the best he can get me.

I'm VERY envious of your drill press. After I upgrade my bandsaw in a year or two, drill press upgrade is on the menu!

Best drill bits I have ever used at realistic prices:

http://www.je-nettiverstas.fi/colt-twinland-puuporanterasarja-4-5-6-8-10mm.html

The exit is nearly always clean, even in coarse chippy woods. With sacrifical backing material the exit is clinical. They never burn the wood either. Are these the ones that your guy recommended to you, Allan?