I Need Road Flare Red/neon Red Paint For My Rg!

I am working on an Ibanez RG7620 right now, and my goal is to basically end up with a 7 string Rg550RFR. I already have a sweet maple boarded neck for it and everything!

I need that wicked neon red in my life. I'm not going to be ultra picky about 100% matching the classic Ibanez Road Flare Red.... as long as it is that wild, reddish orange flourescent eye-melting red, i'll be happy!

I have a buddy who paints cars and does clear for a living, so i have access to high quality equipment for spraying. Let me know if you know of any good places to get some ULTRA bright neon paints!

Hey, the ONLY red I've found thats even CLOSE is "Signal Red". A few companies make itm, but its up to you to find it. Ofc it will need to be sprayed thin over a white basecoat in multiple passes.

I have tried RFR, and I fail miserably, I hope you have better luck then I do.

this is signal red btw

StudioTwinCricket2.jpg

RG550_01.jpg

Edited by bob123

• 1 month later...

You might want to take a look at the Alsa corp web site Alas offers a awsome selection of custom paints and Chrome fininshes plus they offer Auto fininshes .... custom colors and clear coats in spray cans look under Killer Cans www.Alsa corp.com It's worth A look Dan

WHOA THAT'S RED

I always thought that a red looks better when sprayed over a yellow basecoat? Probably different for crazy stuff like fluorescents.

I know ferrari uses their red over yellow to get their "Ferrari Red" color (similar to RFR), but I would try white for that extra "pop" for me. They use a candy red, so I dont know if it would be the same with a flourescent