Guitar Of The Month For January

Guitar of the Month for January  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The angle of that cutaway is so extreme! I saw the post on OLF showing that idea done previously, however I severely doubt it has been done as well as this one by many luthiers. It couldn't be any more crazy unless you somehow manage to fold over the Spruce into the cutaway and across the heel.

This is me telling you to do that, by the way. Subtlety.

I think it's clear by the voting that chris kicked everyone's arse this month and the guitar (minus ugly blue contamination!!) truly deserves it!

Congrats on the win. Not many acoustics get wins in GOTM so by the scale of the voting it's obvious this one stands out. Well done!

My real question is, is do we really only have 39 members that watch this?!

Probably. Its not a massive forum. If you look at how many regulars are here, maybe a dozen or so "elders & mods" and then add a couple dozen newbies and medium posters then it seems to add up.

If it was a huge forum we'd never be able to follow any of the build threads!

demonx - WARBIRD #1: I really wanted to vote for you this month. This is possibly one of the coolest super strats I have seen. I really think you have nailed this type of build and your paint skills are unmatched on this forum.

FernandoEsteves - Evil Tele: I have to agree that more pics were needed. It was really hard to see any details but from a distance it looks really nice.

Our Souls inc. – Patience: You got my vote. I followed this build and just loved to see how it kept becoming more itself as the project went on. I am humbled that you do this without templates. The design just flows for me. I personally would have matched the headstock ears to the neck again but that is just my personal choice. Nice work.

gpcustomguitars - Bass for a friend: I was fascinated by your build and at some points thought your work seemed a bit sloppy (sorry if that is too honest). I was impressed with your ability to fabricate most of the functional parts of this bass and I love how it turned out in the end. I think that a little more consistency in the fabrication of parts, (ie: the ferrules look decidedly different) would have made this a GOTM winner in my mind. Keep it coming. I would love to see more.

verhoevenc - OMarlin - I love the design, I hate the blue. Sorry, just my opinion.

fretman_2 - Black Snake - Great idea but I think the execution could have been greater. The pickguard was great but the glue line in the headstock was too visible. The shape of the headstock was reminiscent of a rattler but the vision needed more oomph. Keep working it and I think you will have a winner.

Menapia - BLUE VELVET – Looks pro. Love the design and would love to own one. It is still too mainstream for me to take my vote.

• Like 1