Guitar Of The Month For February

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of January then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :)

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

"Darkhorse"

IMG_4382small.jpg

IMG_4393small.jpg

IMG_4402small.jpg

IMG_4404small.jpg

More pics here: http://searlsguitars.com.au/Gallery/022/022gallery.html

Build pics on my facebook page.

Tele 6 Neckthru.

I have completed about a dozen guitars since I started this build. Every time I got stuck into it a customer order required this one to be put aside until recently when I had time to get this and another one done. As it was long and drawn out over a couple years the specs changed quite a bit but it got there in the end. The guitarist from "Scar The Surface" ended out snapping it up as soon as it was available for sale last week and he seems quite happy with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs:

African Mahogany neck with Maple and Brazilian Rosewood highlights

Tasmanian Blackwood headstock with maple highlights and Indian Rosewood caps

African Mahogany wings with Bookmatched Master Grade Indian Rosewood cap

Indian Rosewood scarf joint laminations

Indian Rosewood fingerboard with small Black Peal inlays

Ebony binding

Gotoh GE1996T Tremolo

Bareknuckle Warpig Bridge Pickup - open

Bareknuckle PAT63 Neck pickup - open

Three way selector switch

CTS 500k pots

0.022uf Paper Dipped in Oil Capacitor

Switchcraft output jack

Schaller style strap locks

Grover tuning Machines

12 degree +/- headstock angle

16" fingerboard radius

25.5" fingerboard scale

24 frets

6150 Dunlop fretwire

White side dots

Comfort curve rear

Afterimage Guitars - SY8 "Solstice"

Body - Victorian ash with figured Tasmanian myrtle carved top

Neck - 5-piepce celery top pine/myrtle/ash with jarrah fingerboard, celery top pine/myrtle position markers

Scale length - 26.5"

Radius - 16"

Trussrod - Allparts

Tuners - Hipshot Grip Lock

Nut - Graphtech black Tusq

Frets - Jumbo stainless steel

Pickups - EMG 808X neck, 808 bridge

Bridge - Hipshot 8 string fixed

Electronics - 1x vol, 1 x 3-way toggle

Build thread and more photos

After trying out an 8-string Schecter at a local store I decided that I'd like to try my hand at an 8 of my own, but wasn't entirely sold on the low F#. As a result I've built this one with the addition of an extra string on top, extending the range of the guitar in equal directions either side of the standard 6 configuration. Tuning from low to high is A-D-G-C-F-A-D-G, essentially a down-tuned 6 string with the addition of two strings a 4th above and a 5th below normal range. While I'm still trying to get my head around the added high-G I'm finding it adds a lot of interesting possibilities for chords and open-string runs.

060_zpsbfd69884.jpg

044_zps11143980.jpg

048_zpsc4cfa9ae.jpg

059_zps070c9460.jpg

• 4 weeks later...