Build 4.1 - Steinberger Inspired Headless

curtisa

A bit of silly fun, really. It's kinda amusing how simultaneously bad and effective the kit is. Intonation is remarkably good up to about the 10th fret, and anything higher is unplayable anyway as the frets are so close together. Haven't tried it plugged in, but the on-board preamp/speaker does moderate overdrive OK, even got some sympathetic feedback from the tiny little speaker. It came with an accompanying "magazine" completely in (I assume) Japanese, and I can't understand anything in it whatsoever! To its credit the assembly instructions are just like a model airplane kit, so even though I can't read a word of the various assembly notes it's dead easy to put together.

ThinkGeek have the kits.

Don't have access to a video camera, but I reckon I could throw together a quick ear-bending recording later.

I' actually surprised to hear the sound. Much better than I expected, plastic frets and all... Cool. Thanks for actually listening to a silly request like mine!