Wtb (Or Someone Build) Multiscale 7 String Compound Radius Fretboard.

Pestvic

First off, I haven't been here in a while... its looking amazing!

Anyway, I am going to start a new build here very soon. It's going to be my first 7 string! Seeing how I never had a 7 string (i've played them and what not but still), I want this guitar to be completely new to me as in the feel of fan frets and all!

I was hoping to see if anyone here on the board could tell me how much they would charge to create one or two of these for me. One in ebony, and the other in ebony with a figured maple binding.

I really want to try and make them myself but I have NO clue how to do the compound radius, even if I did, I probably don't have the tools for it either. haha.

The scales I'm looking to use is 25.5" for the lower strings and 25" for the higher strings. Is a fanned fret compound radius possible?

Thanks again guys!

A fanned fret compound radius is definitely possible, I do them for my baritones. I don't think a 1/2" difference in scale lengths would really maximize the benefits of the fanned frets, and so probably wouldn't be worth the cost. Feel free to send a PM though and I can give you a quote.

Edited by DC Ross
  • Like 1