Has Anyone Tried This?

Has anyone tried to do this type of set/through-ish neck? I love the look. I am sure there are some people here that could come up with some very creative ides and modifications on this idea. The B.C. Rich version I believe is actually bolted on.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/B-C-Rich-Jr-V-Hardtail-Right-Handed-6-String-Electric-Guitar-w-Case-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!rME-ZOtcSlEBPs(GiuVvQ~~60_57.JPGhttp://i.ebayimg.com/t/B-C-Rich-Jr-V-Hardtail-Right-Handed-6-String-Electric-Guitar-w-Case-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!rME-ZOtcSlEBPs(GiuVvQ~~60_57.JPG

Yeah, note how the idea took off and really broke into the mainstream. If it had been worth anything more than a marketing exercise then others would have used it also. Perhaps not in that mirrored headstock idea of course. Good practice if you want to challenge yourself I guess. No practical use or positive gain whatsoever. IMO.

Yeah, note how the idea took off and really broke into the mainstream. If it had been worth anything more than a marketing exercise then others would have used it also. Perhaps not in that mirrored headstock idea of course. Good practice if you want to challenge yourself I guess. No practical use or positive gain whatsoever. IMO.

I do not know about it ever breaking into the "mainstream", B.C. Rich is the only "mainstream" manufacture I've seen, and that is not saying much, attach a neck in this fashion. I understand how it can be perceived as just a marketing ploy, but is there more contact area between the neck and body with this? I would imagine that that would be beneficial. Keep in mind that I have been playing gtr for 30+ years, but only now have started looking into the build processes.

Hehe...

There are a lot of things in guitar building that all boil down to voodoo,a "look",or both...after some serious time spent building and studying you start to learn how to tell the voodoo from the reality,and a lot of "voodoo" is nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell "brand A" over "brand B".

In some cases(most around here) people struggle to explain a theoretical benefit of doing things a certain way(the way they do it),and it can all lead to a bunch of misinformation that clouds the important stuff under a fog of tone voodoo.

IMO the only thing that matters is preference...if you prefer one way over another you are under no obligation to explain why,and as long as the quality of build is there,the guitar will sound and play well.

If that makes more sense to you than perceived "firmness" :P

Hehe...

There are a lot of things in guitar building that all boil down to voodoo,a "look",or both...after some serious time spent building and studying you start to learn how to tell the voodoo from the reality,and a lot of "voodoo" is nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell "brand A" over "brand B".

In some cases(most around here) people struggle to explain a theoretical benefit of doing things a certain way(the way they do it),and it can all lead to a bunch of misinformation that clouds the important stuff under a fog of tone voodoo.

IMO the only thing that matters is preference...if you prefer one way over another you are under no obligation to explain why,and as long as the quality of build is there,the guitar will sound and play well.

If that makes more sense to you than perceived "firmness" :P

I fully understand "tone voodoo". I work as a touring sound engineer, and I have met some engineers that have some real chicken bones and grass skirt mentalities about audio.