Truss Rod Idea

Discussions are by nature a sharing of opinions,not a sharing of ill will,that is what I mean by that...Ju Ju is an expression meaning "good vibes" or similar."Newb" is a term used to describe in this case somebody new to guitar building,who tend to gravitate towards the same lines of discussion over and over like "how can I get rid of a truss rod" or "is tung oil better for tone than poly"..which of these terms do you find inaccurate?

Now,are you TRYING to create a problem?Bob doesn't need a public defender,he is a grown man and quite physically imposing in real life,he has no need for you.If you have an opinion about the topic,state it.Trust me,if Bob does not like my "tone" he will PM me like a grown man and we will sort it out like always.

To be honest,I find your tone by far more trying than Bob's or anyone else's,since you are obviously trying to stir up trouble in a quite polite,if passionate, discussion

Me and Pros also "call em as we see em...matter of fact,that is part of our duty here,for quite a long time.

As i stated at my first post i don't know the guy and thus i am no defender of his.Clearly he doesn't need one as he stated his opinion in an excellent way.I am not going to dwell on this anymore.I find it really hard to follow your logic but i have no ill intentions.

Please , could you answer my question , what did you mean by that ?

If Prostheta or I were truly "disrespectful",as you think,then this would not be a mere discussion,now would it?

What do you mean exactly by that?

This thread is silly. Nothing is being learnt or anything of real substance brought to the table. I have all the time in the world to donate in helping beginners however going around in circles chasing baseless ideas needs to be called for what it is. A bad idea is a bad idea. You can't dress it up or be gentle when bad ideas come from habitual bad thinking. This isn't YouTube!

This is getting a little more ... drawn out then I cared for hahaha.

Can I ask a question then? Ignoring ALL prior posts, starting from scratch... why does G & L use the truss rods in this manner? This isn't to "prove a point", this is an honest question at this point. Seems like everyone has their "nuance" to put on guitars, perhaps its more of a "signature" at that point?

Droptop -> I concur, but don't worry about these two hahaha. I like to ask a lot of dumb questions, they tend to put me on the right path more often then not. Wes's delivery leaves a little to be desired at some points, but nothing I can't handle :P

Edited by bob123

In all honesty, I tend to find harsh criticism very helpful when forging new ideas... as long as it's not taken personally. I don't think that line has been crossed here, but others may feel differently.

Back to the question at hand... Yes, you can do it that way. It's harder to do with very little benefit and more risk, but possible. I think there are ways to mimic the look of a one piece neck that would be easier to pull off with less risk and more precision.

Also, don't fall into that 'tone' crap everyone rants about. A more important aspect to the success of your projects is quality, the best theory with bad quality is still crap.

Exactly. Forget about complicating something that does not need it, shut the hell up and build a guitar using common techniques. You learn far more from that than anything. When you are more experienced and knowledgeable then perhaps you will have a better standpoint from which to consider doing something differently. For the moment, learn to crawl and you'll learn more from that than you will on any of these internet forums you inhabit.

Forget about these "nuances" or whatever. Try reading up on the history of G&L and figure it why they do things the way they do. The answer is quite obvious once you load yourself up with a bit of background plus you will learn to understand rather than just "know" if somebody just tells you. Again, do yourself a favour and do some legwork.

Perhaps instead of asking lots of dumb questions (your words, not mine) you should sit back and think about why you are asking them and what you're actually trying to achieve. A lot of questions aren't worth asking, serve to make one seem as though you need constant spoonfeeding and aggravate people when you can't accept constructive criticism of your ideas. People put a lot of free time into forums like this one to help out people like yourself in good faith. A little respect for people's donated time always makes for a happier environment.