Guitar Of The Month For July

Guitar of the Month for July  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Pan_kara.

PsikoT - Brilliant work and outstanding detail. The shape itself looks very much like a BC Rich Eagle, a shape I've always thought to be very classy. I dont really dig the carve with the thin top. It's something I've considered doing myself and now I've seen it I wont. All out great finished product though. I picked you for third place (my tastes/opinions are usually not main stream around this place)

Shad Peters - Yours was my close second place. I'm not a fan of timber pickup covers and knobs (some people really love em) but other than that it's a pretty cool guitar.

Pan_kara - Well done. I've been wanting to make myself something like this for ages. Not a fan of the timber knob and te headstock shape isn't too much to my liking, but they weren't bad enough to kill my vote. The shape (I'm a superstrat guy), the simplicity and the top all just add up to a great overall package. Well done.

All the other entries (my own included) I haven't commented on simply because the guitars are so far from my tastes/opinions, but good luck.

There are several this month that could easily win this competition. I'll comment on a few of them.....

Clancy's Star is an excellent example of making the most out of a customer's ideas when they aren't exactly what you would choose. Excellent craftsmanship and execution.

psikoT is probably the prettiest one here. Beautiful wood choices and contrasts and use of binding. Again excellent execution.

Shad's work is excellent as always. I've never seen that much curl in white oak.

Nylon one is also a beautiful piece and I love the off the beaten path direction it takes with its nylon strings and piezo sound. Not to mention the fact that this was made with a minimum of power tools. Lots of hand work involved here.

The Hawk is probably the coolest one here. I just love Orgmorg's art.

I could easily voted for any of those.....but Grendel speaks to me. When that happens, I vote for it.

SR

• Like 1

Some beautiful guitars again this month, and I debated long and hard between two of them, with Pan_kara's being one of them, but in the end I voted for psikoT's ash/wenge 7 string. The carve with the black on top just looks so perfect :rock

• Like 2

I have to agree. This is a completely insane month with a so much going for each and every build. Inasmuch as I always like to see someone win each month, I have to say that I would hate to see anybody lose this month.

My hat is off to you all, gents. :guitarist:

• Like 1

I had a hard time deciding between PsikoT and Pan Kara.
I ended up going with the latter, mostly because if I could play well enough to deserve either one, that would be the one I would gravitate towards.

Awesome work all around though!

It's the Hawk. I very rarely want to buy guitars... I want to buy that guitar.

Shad was my #2. To me this is your most appealing build yet. Different enough shape to feel different, but not be too out there (not that your others are, this one just holds that balance really well). It was also a close second cause if a guitar convinces me I should buy some lumber that before hand I wouldn't have touched... Thats a cool guitar. And now I want super curly oak.

Chris

the worst thing I found about working with the Oak was that the pores are stinking huge! hence I think it is best suited for satin type finishes (at least for me) but the figured stuff does look beautiful. To see it in person it really even cooler, the curl creates a very unique pattern in the quarter sawn rays, and the combination of the rays and curl together is really breathtaking.