oh crap!

Snork

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not arguing that fact as long as the joint is applied in the proper place and properly done. Is gluing a 1/2" x 5" piece of wood flush (90 deg joint, no biscuit or reinforcement) on the headstock where there is a lot of constant tension the proper place? I wouldn't do it, but that's me.

A set neck has much more surface area for a joint as well as a scarf joint in a neck. I've seen several necks broken but never one broken at the glue joint demonstrating clearly the glue joint is stronger like you said Wes. BUT, that is a glue joint being used in a proper application.

We can argue this headstock thing for days but it won't change my mind. I would never put wings on a headstock then place the tuners on the wing. To me it's a problem waiting to happen. But, that's my opinion.....like the saying goes, we all have opinions and they all stink to someone else.

Well Wes, i was going to bamboozle everyone with a bunch of facts about glue strength vs wood grain strength, but i think you effectively KILLED, MAIMED, CHEWED UP, and SPAT OUT any further arguments with your comments.

As for the doubters:

GLUE IS STRONGER THAN THE WOOD ITSELF, PERIOD!

Do you own tests if you dont want to listen to advice. Or, simply dont bother asking the questions any longer.

No offense here but I did agree that the glued joint is stronger than the wood. I also stated a glued joint should be used correctly in the proper place and stated "My Opinion". If I want to be made out to be an ass when I add something to a thread I'll go to the "other" forum. I like this place because we can share ideas without being trampled every time we say something - or at least that what I thought.

Isn't PG for learning? I never said I was an expert, in fact I've claimed otherwise several times. I'm here to learn not to get bashed. :D

umm..my intention was not to make anyone look like an ass.i just wanted to make sure the newbies have the correct info.i have made rroneous statements many times and have been called on it.

that's how you learn.why get hurt feelings over a computer screen.

lighten up.as far as the other forum...hang out where you like.we ARE here to learn.when you perpetuate a huge myth like pieces flying everywhere it has to be corrected for the good of the people who don't know

quick facts: the 12th fret has to always be in the centre of the scale. this is because the guitar scale is based on the imperial measurement. [12" = 1']

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
yeah but sometimes you have to get bashed to learn....... i learned that the hard way. look at it this way if it hurts you you'll remember it much better than if it is a casual remark.

No offence. This I will probably regret posting and edit later, but Really? Lately I havent seen that.

:D oops!