FREE NOW: Myka Style Neck Pocket Jigs- Minimal Assembly Required

verhoevenc

Hey folks. When I made the Myka jig that I used in the second half of this video, I made a bunch of them!

What this jig comes with:
Base, slotted fences, adjustable angle with locks, rails. Most parts are nailed, screwed, AND glued to make things very sturdy! For the same reason it's also made from nice hardwood ply.

Some assembly required:
Although it will come mostly assembled it does come with the fences quite tall to accommodate those that build thicker bodies. You have two options if you don't build thicker stuff: unscrew the fences, run them through the table saw to desired height, re-screw of. The only other piece you have to do is make the corresponding slots/holes in the rail ends for bolting them down. I left these undone as people tend to have differing preferences in the kinds of bolts they use, etc. for this same reason I don't include these bolts. I just use some $1.88/bag machine screws with washer and nut from the Depot personally.

I'd like $200 + S&H. As these do use a decent amount of material I'm happy to take you're apart to save on the space aspect of things if you'd like.

I have 5 of these.
Chris

I have been planning to make a jig like that for quite some time but havn't been able to find the time to build one. Just a question : Will the jig accept a body that is 20.5" long to fit my NorthStar body? If so Im in for one of those!

I specifically made them longer than my original prototype which would not fit my 'Meeting' shape or my friends Jazzmaster body with room to spare. These do. Let me get an exacting measurement for you when I get home to be 100% sure.

Also, let me weigh it and check pricing as I'm not sure shipping this to Sweden is going to be cost effective :S

Chris

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • verhoevenc changed the title to FREE NOW: Myka Style Neck Pocket Jigs- Minimal Assembly Required