Need A White Or Silver Decal

You can always use the silver pen trick...

Lay down the first decal and color it in with silver pen. Then lay the second on top to give a crisp line.

I tried a variation of this once. I soaked the decal in water to remove it from the backing, turned it uposide down on the backing and stretched it out so it wouldn't wrinkle while drying. When it was dry, I colored the 'gold' areas with a gold marker and let it dry. When it was finally dry, I moistened the decal as normal and placed it on the headstock.

I like your idea better.

I use Rothko and Frost. The cost of one sheet of rub down metallic from scary creative equals what I payed for 12 sheets (4 variations in each gold, silver and black, about 30 logos per sheet) from R&F

I use Rothko and Frost. The cost of one sheet of rub down metallic from scary creative equals what I payed for 12 sheets (4 variations in each gold, silver and black, about 30 logos per sheet) from R&F

Rub downs can be pricey, but if you gang your logo up the cost comes down to less than a $1 each. Which is worth it, if you going to be making a ton of guitars.

There are other companies out there doing rubdown transfers. Do a search online and find one that fits your cost.

Larose Guitars turned me on to Scary Creative. His headstocks always look clean and professional.

9.jpg

• Like 1

Both Larose and your logos look clean and sharp. As I havn't used rub down I'm getting interested too. Pos and Cons compared to water slide? I've had problems with the water slide decals I used under Tru-Oil. Had to do a schellack barrier or the water slide would dcesintegrate. No biggie, but ane stel less would be nice. Aslo: Do I understand correct that the rub downs do not have a "carrier" sheet?

Re the cost: If I want to have the logo in black, gold, silver I need to order at least three sheets of rub downs and that get costly, but I get your point

Both Larose and your logos look clean and sharp. As I havn't used rub down I'm getting interested too. Pos and Cons compared to water slide? I've had problems with the water slide decals I used under Tru-Oil. Had to do a schellack barrier or the water slide would dcesintegrate. No biggie, but ane stel less would be nice. Aslo: Do I understand correct that the rub downs do not have a "carrier" sheet?

Re the cost: If I want to have the logo in black, gold, silver I need to order at least three sheets of rub downs and that get costly, but I get your point

Rubdowns are easy to apply. They usually send a few samples that you can play with it. The artwork is only what gets tranfered. There's no clear sheet like a waterslide. I've put them under clear and also put them on top. They are pretty durable once down. I have no issue with lacquer on top of the logo. Pretty sure tru-oil won't hurt it.

You are correct about it getting expensive with 3 colors. You would have to buy a sheet per color. I put as many logos as I could get on an 11 x 17 because the cost came out better per logo.

I have also use vinyl logos, which might be cheaper. Not sure. The issue with vinyl is you can't go really small. It's like a sticker.

OK, thanks for the info. Might try them out as I have minor issues with the current version.