Misc. Stuff About Life. - 99,999% Fat Free

^ No doubt. I'm having a spider outbreak at my house this summer including a boatload of black widows. After living in AZ for 10 years I dont freak out when I spot em. In fact if they are low to the ground I'll step on them and kill em with my bare feet. But when I walk into a web at face level while walking around the side of my house in the dark I freak out like a little girl having a seizure.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember running through a field as a kid with some friends. One of the kids looked down and saw a big spider on his chest, screamed like a girl and threw a seizure-like dance. A spider about the size of a quarter, light brown, fuzzy and looking right at me him with those beady little eyes.

Ok, Ok, it may have been me but I'm getting old. Memory fading and all.

At least it wasn't one of these little bastages; http://www.thefeaturedcreature.com/2013/02/this-clown-spider-looks-exactly-like-steven-kings-it-warning-freaky.html

That would give any kid a life-long fear of clowns.

Yeah, we walk into webs all of the time when we're collecting mushrooms and berries from the forests. Thankfully there is nothing bad here. The bears and wolves don't spin webs so you have to spot those using other techniques that don't involve your face.

Annoyed at the length of time I have to wait in order to see the doctorb (obligatory Dr Nick Riviera reference there) so I went in to see if any cancellations occurred. Got an appointment tomorrow morning with the sairaanhoitaja which is midway between the basic nurse and a doctor. Better than nothing and ultimately I can pressure her into giving me a referral. My friend Viljo pointed out that my other issue - feeling nauseous in mornings - could be a symptom which I should at the very least mention. Currently that had been attributed to my blood pressure meds which are being changed when the current batch runs out (expensive stuff, so didn't change immediately) however he quite rightly stated that it was just a simple straight line association which has no basis in truth or proof of cause yet. Plus I have headaches at the moment. The workshop is very loud though (circa 89db with extraction and machinery) despite me wearing ear defenders constantly.

It could be easy to make assumptions, which is why I need the hospital referral to figure out what the cause of my visual disturbance is. The rest of the "symptoms" could just be noise which I am associating out of need for an answer. Certainly, I am awful at drinking enough fluids throughout the day. Simple hydration problems could account for all manner of headache-y stuff.

You're not getting rid of me that easily. Better luck next time.

Comprehensive eye exams today. Went to the sairaanhoitaja this morning, mentioned the headaches and morning sickness (likely loud work environment and my blood pressure med, but hey...red flag) and got a doctors appointment an hour later. The doctor referred me straight to the hospital where I underwent an insane number of tests on my eyes. Local anaesthesia and lenses pushed against my eye, lasers, photos, lights, dilation drops, the works. My eyes feel like they've gone twelve violent rounds with a randy Mike Tyson. Nothing apparent in there apart from a possible cataract precursor. The opinion is that it is a localised thickening of the vitreous humor causing a distortion in the light near my maculae. It genuinely is impossible to say for certain. It goes without saying that this will be monitored. Even though I just said it right there.

I underwent an insane number of tests on my eyes. Local anaesthesia and lenses pushed against my eye, lasers, photos, lights, dilation drops, the works.

Been there done that...several times........hated each and every one.

Good luck with it.

SR

Ender's Game is coming out as a movie.That should be worth watching.

I thought the same thing about I, Robot & that turned out to be a series of commercials stitched together with the names of characters from Asimov's book. I hope it'll be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Howubin Amiee?

SR

*shrug* working at the guitar shop, paying the bills, getting into leather work, and skyping my sis. She wants to come live with me in the city, but I think she's gonna have a problem not referring to things she likes as "the bomb."

Um... I quit smoking. My cat died (I think I told you guys about that), in my off hours, I Skype friends from NH, and I have been debating on living on a 26 hour day. My work hours are short, and they pay well enough to cover my new place (moved again), and yeah. I've basically become a hermet again.

I like walking around in the city, still, but it's getting old. I'm starting to remember where things are and I'm running out of safe areas to explore.

That's about it. Sorry I'm not on too much.