Misc. Stuff About Life. - 99,999% Fat Free

I just have to talk about a peeve of mine.I am looking at off road motorcycles because if I get some land out in rough country I will likely need something I can take off road but still hit the highway on,and I was looking at "adventure" and "dual sport" bikes...

Guess what?No kick starter...how in the hell can you call your motorcycle off road if you can't kick start the b*tch?If you have to have a battery that sort of limits the adventure and leaves you vulnerable,don't you think?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Alaska The Last Frontier and something doesn't add up.They say "hunting is essential for survival" up there(which agree with),yet they waste time talking about how it's "unethical" to shoot a duck on the water and they spend days trying to fill a mountain goat tag...

If you are truly hunting for survival you get the meat how you can get it...all of that sportsmanship crap is for sportsman,not for people that need food.

If you are truly hunting for survival you get the meat how you can get it...all of that sportsmanship crap is for sportsman,not for people that need food.

Agree here, If I'm friggin hungry and in survival mode anything goes to put that meat on my table. F a bunch of rules.

I wouldnt call shooting a duck on the water unethical its just bad form. I consider there to be two things unethical when hunting 1 bad shooting, there is no need in causing undo suffering if you cant make a clean kill dont shoot. 2 wasting meat you just killed the creature honer it by using as much as possible. I have see people kill a deer take rhe hind quaters and back strap and dump the rest thats just wrong

I think my point is that "bad form" in hunting assumes it is a sport.I don't consider hunting a sport.Of course it is fun,because as predators millennia of evolution has wired us to enjoy it,but if you don't eat the damn thing and you only go out to kill stuff because it's fun then I think that is a debasement(not the word I am looking for,but I can't think of it) of the natural process of life,

Of course,I do believe it is perfectly fine to hunt even if you have no real need,as long as you eat the animal.Every animal you kill and eat is that much less captive meat you buy.The only time I think it is bad form is if you kill it and leave it to rot,even though scavengers will use the meat it is not the natural process because the animal was healthy.Scavengers are only supposed to get the weak and stupid.

Anyway.If I am hunting because I am going to stock my meat supply I am going to maximize my kill by shooting the animals as they sit.Swimming ducks be damned,I'll put a shell right into the middle of the flock and get a few.

Guess what?No kick starter...

I just watched Speed with Guy Martin (a famous road racer in the UK). He tried to set a Guinness world record by driving a bike over water. At one stage the bike fell 30m under water which was so pressurised water got everywhere. When they removed the bike it was hydraulic locked solid. They drained everything, cleaned all the filters and eventually they got it kick started again! Try doing that with a battery powered starter!!

Did GOTM voting start early this month.....or did I lose a week somewhere?

SR

My fault. It sparked a little early because I set up a calendar reminder and I guess I asked it to give me too much warning. No warning at all might be better.....! Still lets run with it and see how it works out?

To get the motorbike test here you have to do a written test, then an 8 hour cbt test just get provisional license to ride a scooter while you learn. Then we have to take a manoeuvres test and finally a 1 hour road riding test. If you start when you are 17 you can't get a full power bike until you are 25 so then you have another two tests in a stepping stone idea to get up to a license for unlimited horse power. I'm glad I got mine before all that crap came in!

I think the EU are trying to get rid of bikers on the road. I can understand more education and stuff but the applications for licenses since the new rules have dropped drastically cause it now costs a bomb to get it! I think it cost me around £400 including lessons to get mine, now you could double that figure.

I'm looking forward now to the warmer weather to get back out on the bike. Didn't use it near enough last year. I'm looking on buying a house soon so I may have to sell the bike shortly. I'd love to take it to a track day before I get rid of it. I think the day I do sell will be a pretty sad day!

Anyone here ever done track days or racing?