Misc. Stuff About Life. - 99,999% Fat Free

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feed that gurl a sammich! Pretty, but I want curves and not see pelvic bones. I don't want skin that looks like it's pulled too tightly over a skeleton.

That hot face, decent tatas and nipple placement make up for a lot though. ;)

I like her just the way she is.She is fit,not skinny.I know that isn't too common these days,but evolution says a human should be able to walk at least 20 miles in a day when needed.Those "curvy" girls you speak of would be caught and eaten by a lion in no time. :P

I know we tend to glorify "thickness" these days,but no thank you.

Today is just one of those days you never get back.It would be better if we all used bad weather days as days to get together with our friends and get really messed up...at least then it would serve a purpose

I went in to my big house and realized I only had a bag of onions and a cabbage in that fridge...and vodka in the freezer.Moved all that into my RV and turned that fridge off.

Edited by westhemann

Today is just one of those days you never get back.It would be better if we all used bad weather days as days to get together with our friends and get really messed up...at least then it would serve a purpose

I went in to my big house and realized I only had a bag of onions and a cabbage in that fridge...and vodka in the freezer.Moved all that into my RV and turned that fridge off.

Leave the door open on the fridge, otherwise it will develop a musty smell that is almost impossible to get out. :)

Looking into 12v appliances and electronics so I wouldn't need to use an inverter for as much.I notice they have car stereos that play dvd/cd/etc...

I like that because for some reason I never thought about doing an RV type setup with a car stereo,car speakers,and a car TV screen for all of my music and TV needs.

Looks like the solar panel system I need will be smaller than I feared.Of course,it means I will need to make an investment over the next few years in DC appliances and get used to using less electricity.The biggest draw is the chest freezer I will need.

Obviously where I live now is pretty dang perfect for solar power,and if I go to the big bend area it's even better,but going north would just as obviously require a larger and more expensive system.

Some of the way I live now would need to change.For example,my conex has only two tiny windows,which means I have lights on all day.Judicious use of skylights would really cut that down.Also,my computer will need to remain a laptop,but a more efficient one with longer battery life so that I can merely charge the batteries at night instead of running the computer plugged in all the time.

I have a small generator which in a pinch could run shop equipment to build guitars or help charge my battery bank if a freak storm lasts more than a few days.

Initial investment is pretty steep.Under 5k I think.The smaller I can keep the system the better.Factor in the cost of replacing the battery bank every 10 years(what the book says is feasible for lead acid batteries) and a solar panel every once in a while(I may die before that happens) and cost comes to about $25/month for electricity.Not too shabby.I need to look into government incentives as well.

I think that is all the info I can absorb in one day.

It's good to see you are all still ticking and building :)

I'll stop by from time to time. At the moment, I'm stuck in a 3 part move... Minde screwed me up pretty bad financially, so I had to break lease in the city. So right now I don't have a job, creditors are knocking on my door, threatening to take my car away, and a bunch of stuff... been unemployed since October.

I couch surfed in Connecticut between october and mid January, and now I'm in Mass. I have a bunch of friends who want to start a co-op in Colorado, so I'm gonna follow them there. I'll pursue my dreams or whatever lol. I had to sell all my wood, and the body blanks I made. So I'm back to square 1 I guess. I've lost my amp, bandsaw, and a ton of other stuff I love in all this.

but I'm looking up. Like I said, I'll be on from time to time, but I'm not building any guitars lately, so it'll be infrequent. Take care guys :)

Dont let it get you down too much id be willing to bet most people wish they had the freedom to do what your doing im suposed to close on a house thursday and i keep thinking i have to make a payment for the next 30 years

Co-ops are cool.A commune by any other name still smells as sweet.I sort of think longing for freedom comes a little later in life.When you are young you just want enough money to buy the stuff you will need for the rest of your life.An older guy I worked with when I was in my 20s told me that it's tough when you are young because you never get paid as much and employers just see you as if you are still a kid,but that it gets easier as you get older...until you start to regret that you weren't young long enough.

It all seems to suck as far as I can tell.There is always something more you wish you had.Like right now I wish I had a big ass house and could afford to keep it at 70 degrees at all times so I could do stuff and still be warm.In the summer that won't seem important to me at all.

Edited by westhemann

Good to hear you are surviving that mess Amiee. I don't know anything about co-op life, but I recommend Colorado life whole heartedly.

until you start to regret that you weren't young long enough.

Isn't it crazy how most of us never realize that will happen......until it does. When we are young we never understand how true the old saw "if I only knew then what I know now" will become....until we do.

Oh well.

SR

Yeah.The best and worst advice I ever give teenagers is 'You won't regret the stuff you did as much as the stuff you didn't do,take some chances and grow some balls"

Nobody wants to tell kids that taking risks create a better life,as long as you aren't stupid or unlucky enough to have it bite you in the ass too often...You know,kiss that girl.Go to that party.Drink that beer.Take those "substances"...just be smart about it all and you won't grow up boring the piss out of everyone you meet.

There is nothing like a little experience to help you decide which idea it would be crazy not to try and which idea is just crazy. But you can't get that experience with trying both. At that age we certainly weren't going to take the advice of someone who already had the experience of both........unless of course it agreed with what we wanted to do in the first place.

SR

This is interesting

https://www.renogy-store.com/1000W-watts-1KW-solar-panel-kit-p/off-pk-4rng250d.htm

Tie that to a good battery bank and I could certainly learn to get by on that much power.I am having a tough time understanding the full concept as of yet but I "think' this system would work to charge the battery bank I need.

I need to read through the book some more.That site also has 600 and 800 watt kits....If I understand correctly that is how many watts of power you are provided with for the day(with a proper battery bank).As I "sort of " understand it,going bigger is plenty okay,since the solar controller keeps the batteries from being overcharged.

Anyway,I hope that is a sufficient system,because it is more affordable than I expected and would reduce my cost of electricity to around $16/month factoring in replacement batteries every 10-ish years and panels every 20-30-ish years.

Mike,any thoughts?