Guitar Of The Month For October

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this
thread!
This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation
on the homepage!
The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website
the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).
If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!
So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of September then this thread gets
locked and the voting starts!
Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month
There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!
Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered
Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :)
Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian
and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

RockBeach CamelBack CB-III

Claro Walnut on Birdseye Maple body.

Tesla pickups (Opus-1 neck and middle and VR Extreme Bridge) with push-push series/parallel switch on bridge humbucker.

25.5" scale Birdseye Maple neck.

Hipshot hardware.

Tony_s_CB-III-1.JPGTony_s_CB-III-2.JPGTony_s_CB-III-4.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hummingbird.

Scale length........34 " 6 piece laminated Maple and Walnut neck

Fretboard and the headstock veneer...... Cocobolo, Black buffalo horn dots at the 12th fret

Walnut veneer on the back of the headstock

Body ..... Olive Ash top and Black grain-filled Ash back

Pickups...... Entwistle at the neck Wilkinson MM at the bridge

Custom Knobs Olive Ash and Cocobolo, 3mm gold mop side dots, 3 way switch, both pots are volume, and the cavity cover is held on with magnets.

Fullfront.jpg

FullBack.jpg

Jacksckt.jpg

Bodyfront.jpg

Βrazen Curves

Τhis is my guitar which is for TROY STETINA! There are no pick ups because he will install them and he will make some videos with it!!So I tried to put a violin scroll in my guitar and spray it with real bronze..

The crosses are extra and will be glued on top!!

Body:Rosewood and cherry top

neck:padauk

fingerboard:padauk/cocobolo

oil finish neck

nitro body finish

golden hardware

Sorry for bad quality of my camera..

SAM_0199.jpg

DSC05196-1.jpgDSC05217.jpgDSC05214.jpg

The Monroe 3

Body ... Spalted Beech on Sapele .

Neck.... Sapele with bubinga and maple veneers and a bubinga fretboard with flame maple binding .

Pups.... S-Duncan J.B bridge and a P-Rail Neck.

Bridge.. Wilkinson

Tuners.. Wilkinson

Inlays... MOP and Abalone.

Lacquer finish .

1_zps387e850d.jpg

19_zpsc55feaff.jpg

13_zpsa9fdc383.jpg

3_zps4d0e3da8.jpg

And here a vid of the amazing James Mulvaney give her the once over.

• Like 1

NorthStar 8-string triple-compound

This is an 8-string ”extended range" guitar with compound scale, compound radius and compound headstock angle. A pretty complex build that is!

Many 8-string guitars with two thicker strings than a normal guitar, have quite long scale length to get a decent response from the thickest strings. In addition to that most makers keep the normal string-to-string distance at the nut, making most extended range guitars so that the left hand need to be extended quite a bit more from the body due to the long necks, and the fingers on the left hand need to be streched quite a bit to reach the bottom strings as the fretboard is quite wide.

With this guitar we have tried to remedy those problems. For startes the guitar has a compound scale (multiscale). The high E has a 25” scale and the low F# has a 26” scale. This makes the higher strings feeling like a normal guitar at the same time as the lowest strings have a snappier responce compared to what a 25” scale would have felt like. However the playing hand doesn't end up quite as far from the body as on a 27” or longer scale guitar, making longer playing sessions easier on the shoulders. The compound scale also relive a bit of the stress on the hands when playing further up on the neck as the wrist can follow a more natural, slightly rotating movement while moving towards the body

To furthermore increase the string responce on the still relative short low strings a custom made string set have been developed together with a maker of exclusive handmade strings. This eliminate the rubbery feeling that short, low tuned strings somtimes can have. In combination with the compound 10-16” radius and the compound scale it makes this guitar extremely comfortable to play. The custom made pickups are a tad hotter than a standard pickup, but have at the same time been designed to produce a clear and defined sound for all playing styles from complex jazz frasings to heavy metal riffing.

In the design process we tried to be as environmentally friendly as possible. The Spanish Cedar is FCS certified and the maple i north american. The only wood used that is questionable is the ebony fretboard. For this one a striped ebony was used, and from an environmental point of view that is about 10 times better than going for all black fretboards. On top of that a synthetic ivory nut was use. the main material in this nut is casein from cows milk! To further reduce the impact on the environment a wipe on oil finish was used.

The specs:

Design:Peter Naglitsch NorthStar 8-stringer

Body: Spanish Cedar with a north american flame maple top

Neck: Spanish Cedar FCS certified) with laminated maple and graphite reinforcements, maple head

Fretboard: Striped Ebony

Scale length: 25-26” compound scale, 10-16” compound radius

Pickups: StarStruck Custom made

Tuners: Grover, mini locking

Bridge: ABM single string bridges

Nut: Synthetic ivory

Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 3-way switch

Frets: Jumbo

Fret markers: Aluminium, side dots only

Full frontal picture:

Fullfrontrensad_zps83436807.jpg?556

Full back picture

fullbackrensad_zps859cac77.jpg?810

Detail picture of headstock, showing several decorative layers of spanish cedar

headsideviewrensad_zps79b42444.jpg?133

Just a fourth random picture...

sideview2rensad_zps58feec97.jpg?936

For a slide show with more pictures, please go here>>

Build thread:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/topic/47487-northstar-8-string-build-thread/

"The Sable"

This one was ultra low budget. The only new hardware on it is the strings. The bridge was originally a tele/humbucker thing that I cut down, and all of the other hardware is re-purposed. I built the pickups with parts I had on hand. I only had to buy a few small things to complete the guitar. Like most of my stuff, it's not very fancy. There are only three pieces of wood in the entire guitar (oops, 4 if you count the truss rod fillet), but It plays and sounds incredible. Almost everyone's done their version of a Strat. Here's Mine. Plain and simple.

One piece African Mahogany body

Maple neck and fingerboard. Corian nut.

Custom handmade pickups. Calibrated set.

Master Volume/Tone with 8 way switching.

Abalone edge markers

Clear poly over black acrylic.

blk2_zps63480339.jpg

blk1_zpsd16d59be.jpg

reflect_zps6d9f0e58.jpg

topfill_zps8b84f3f4.jpg