Guitar Of The Month vote - December 2013

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need another peek at this month's entries?

Click here > http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/topic/47535-guitar-of-the-month-december-2013/

This thread and poll automagically close on the 1st December.

The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month gets front page placement on the main Project Guitar website, promotion via a photo feature on our Facebook page and as the default site background photo! Good luck to all of this month's entrants.

So what does everybody think of this month's entries....?

Wowza, great builds to all. I ended up voting for Francine because that wood was just amazing! I wish I could find stuff like that locally.

Damn, is it really another month over so quick?

Every guitar this month is deserving in its own way, so well done to everyone

I could only vote for one and I chose based on the concept of: if I walked into a shop and they were all lined up, which would I have picked up first. I picked up Paulies Ode to Ola. Great job. I'm not even a fan if headless guitars and for some reason this one just looks sexy as hell.

Crow, "White Crow"

I've been on a bit of an SG trip myself for the last few months, mostly because of FZ's "Baby Snakes" SG copy. Weird seeing one with a Floyd though! As usual, this is at Crow's high standard. Sweet.

pauliemc, "ODE to OLA"

Ola's made quite the name for himself since we used to see him around on here. I've never gone for the overly ergonomic styles myself but this definitely makes a perfect tribute to his contribution in the field, especially with the headless aspect. The best thing about this build is that there are so many things to look at rather than it being a straight simple build. Stunning.

manfred, "Tele #002 - Nashville Tele"

The first thing that hit me was the first photo. Warm and aged with the look of constant contact and companionship which is something very-Tele to me. The only thing I didn't like was the laminates showing on the headstock, but that's just me and this isn't my guitar. Also, another one of those crazy softwood-bodied Teles! What is it with this madness? haha

ScottR, "FRANCINE aka the evil B."

The one thing I always get from ScottR's work is "touchable". The form of his work just makes the instrument feel like you want to grab ahold of it. Beautiful as always.

scorpionscar, "Balaxplorer"

Short of Luis' beautiful modified Explorer design, scorpionscar's entry is probably the nicest Explorer I have seen for a long while. The only negative is that the top had to be supplemented with another piece of flamed Maple at the top, but such is the difficulty with large bodied instruments like Explorers.

A lot of people have mentioned this is a month of proper competitors. Play nice now.

edit: this was my 6,666th post \m/