Project: S9 Progress Thread 2014 - RAD

That one was new to me, gotta make one. Thanks maull!

• 2 weeks later...

Slack Slack Slack

So I have been working on guitars but I have been way to busy with bootstrapping a new Linux Distro and work to post. Got a few minutes today after playing soccer in the snow at lunch so lets do this.

New model of my Warhammer. And attempt to make a really hot pickup that sounds good. This is rev 3. Ditched the Ceramic 8 magnets as they were too 80s sounding. Reduced the wind count a hair, changed the scatter and tension a bit. They are out to the customer adn he is supposed to get back on how they sound.

IMG_20140125_152610_zpsxfmyzhgw.jpg

This is the next experiment. Having some issues with some wood combinations and normal humbuckers so working on a new design. It is based off my 6 string P-Bass design. Going to build a 7 string Multiscale and a 6 String 53mm spacing Humbucker. It is a really really simple design and that is why I am hoping it works.

Lets start on the CNC

FB_IMG_13906827756825892_zpsrdy8dslu.jpg

Time to stand the grain up and help steam out the deep scratches. This is a hard maple top not a soft maple. It is a real bear to get the scratches out of with normal sanding. So we steam the top a few times in between sanding to help speed the process. Also helps for water based dye later.

IMG_20140202_151917_zpstshhvoi7.jpg
IMG_20140202_151929_zpspkhclsfw.jpg

IMG_20140202_152031_zpsczq0fmea.jpg
IMG_20140202_152036_zpsnpyf9uok.jpg