Wow what a great site ProjectGuitar is. Its really stunning

My name is Mike Latimer, come from a large and loving family,and I live in British Columbia, Canada, and love everyfreaking thing aboput guitars and what makes then work. For money I do a few different things while I prefer my job as an arborist(tree climbing/trimming/care),construction fills the bill when there isnt enough tree work to keep me busy enough. I have dont a ton of different work and like to busy and be learning new things.

FInally I think I have found a guitar forum that just plain works for me.

I took a long break from playing and I am currently just doing a lot of practicing to get my chops back, and trying to get rid of a few of those ol bad habits as well(basic reexamination of my playing and where I want to take it I guess you'd say). Ive played since I was 9-10, 42 now...lol. I love metal, always will, but I am also open minded and have diverse tastes like most decent musicians. I love it all from Joni Mitchell(Blue just kills me),SOAD(not much too say about SOAD pure awesome), Mikey Batio(a MONSTER player but an even larger person, few people in the woirld love guitar like MAB), even Manowar(Manowar play for their true fans if you dont like them they dont care, I loved em the first time I heard Battle Hymns, and so did millions of others worlwide because they play real Metal from the heart).

If I feel heart in the music I will lsten to it.

I have been bloody amazed at the amount of information on guitar playing and gear there is on the web.

It is rather staggering to an info addict.

Ive had internet acccess for well over ten-fifteen years but just the past few months have really been delving into the musical diversions it offers, as I am sure you all know, there is just so much info out there from guitar technique to construction to amp building, to DIY stomps the list goes on and on and on forever seemingly.
Im also an avid DIY and love to tinker and muse, have lots of other hobbies and loves as well as luthiery, so I have also been searching for a site where I could ask questions of a more technical and luthiery(?) nature. Hoping to start building my own ax soon, just working on getting the tooling together atm scoping for wood etc...

I'll just leave it at that then, just a taste of who I am I guess you would say, I sincerely hope you all had a fine new years and holidays, hope the new brings you all much luck and love in all the best of ways.

Peace from Salmon Arm, B.C.,

Mike 'Graiskye' Latimer

PS: spellchek crapping out on me, so please excuse any missed mistakes

Edited by Graiskye

Thanks for the welcome friends.

Right now I am still taking it all in, was just reading about the sustainer of ansels, that was the origibal thread that lead me to finding the forum.

Ive always wanted to have one of those Fernandez(?) Sustainer, with the overtone and harmonic switch,and almost bought an old single coil version off kijiji but it got sold before I managed to seal the deal, c'est la vie as they say in Quebec.

Peace all.

Mike.