KEA 2014 Builds

If I had the money to do so, I would hit you up for a couple of those Explorers. I am fuming as to why people don't understand why they cost what they should be sold at. You should be rewarded and allowed to further develop your obvious ability at producing excellent instruments.

• Like 1

Of course not. The mass market is a mass market for a very specific reason. Herd mentality fostered and cultured by marketing and market-led values. Cheapness, homogeneity and artless rubber-stamp conveyor-belt pap. Luis just needs to reach the few that appreciate what is on offer here and pay what is appropriate.

• Like 1

Thanks Carl. I appreciate that you realize that they are a little more valuable than what i am getting out of them.

I knocked out most of the guitar. All it needs is the back plate and trussy cover. Sounds insanely huge.

Pics are in light and in shade, that is why the color is so different.

wired030_zps79d0a3d1.jpg
wired029_zps86a3928f.jpg
wired025_zps97b473ba.jpg
wired020_zps56f1687d.jpg
wired018_zps9b5a90b8.jpg
wired017_zps58148922.jpg
wired016_zpsea8df109.jpg
wired013_zpsb46df91c.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you sir. It sounds intensely heavy.

For once, i am not sure what to build next. I have another strat i am going to build for the customer who i built the amboyna strat for. But other tha that i dont know. Plus i have 2 complete guitars here that i need to sell, because i have a lot of money into them.

So i have spent WAY too much money on guitar supplies lately. I thought it would pay off, but looks like it was a bad idea.

I spent 200$ on a bunch of neck wood and enough body wood for 3-4 bodies.

mahogany002_zps90d8dcfe.jpg

011_zps4e32c3d7.jpg

Along with the 400$+ that i spent on parts on the 7 string, things arnt looking too good.

Along with getting a ton of negative feedback on my builds on another popular forum, i am pretty beat down.

I am starting to believe i wasted 10 years of my life building when i could have used that time to get better at something else.

I have a hard time understanding why a grown man would let strangers on a forum determine his own personal worth or ability.I don't mean to sound harsh,but you need to show some fortitude.Anyway,that's the last time I will ever respond to you feeling sorry for yourself

I have heard it before and it is certainly not your best side.

You have talent.Get over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i think this is the final straw.
I have had more things go wrong in the past week than i have in the past 3 years.

I keep screwing up guitars and having to give full refunds. Now i am really far behind on funds and things keep going wrong that havnt in years, since i was a novice.

yeah yeah, i am whining. deal with it. I am going to vent. this isnt worth it anymore.

• 4 weeks later...