Endorsee Power

HuntinDoug

I've been seeking out endorsees the last few months that I feel would be a good "fit" to my company. I've had a few seek me out, but they are mostly unknowns looking for freebies... :glare:

I've built a relationship over the past year with a comedian that is also a good guitar player. He matched my philosophy & belief system closely... which is important. I gave him an import last year, and just made him a USA custom to use on the road. In turn he promised to promote my company on his website & FB page. He current has 350,000 likes.

Less that 12 hours after he posted I had dozens of inquiries, over 2000 website hits, and I doubled my Facebook likes. I spent most of the day today on the phone (which I hate). But I got multiple commission builds out of it. Including a music store that wants to carry multiple pieces.

Tomorrow I'm sending 2 guitars to a well established Christian band that will be using them in a video promoting a new album. I have the same "gentlemen's agreement" with them. They have 125,000 likes, and a loyal following. If I have the same result with them, I'll soon be backed up til summer. :)

Yep, endorsees are so powerful. When I was younger I always wanted a richie sambora strat to get the bonjovi sound . I never had the money but I'm glad I didn't buy now. When I seen bon jovi live they rarely used strats!

I also have a prs tremonti se, I bought it because I liked the look of it and also because if tremonti was willing to put his name on it, the it must be good. It's actually not a bad guitar but I never did get around to setting it up properly.

That is just 2 personal examples of how endorsees have affected what I buy. My current fav guitar is a tobacco burst strat which I love cause stevie Ray had one, except his was much better and more beat up!

Thats great news for you Doug. Hope it all works out.

I'm yet to be approached by any well known artists, as most builders probably do I get the weekly requests for "freebies" as you called them, small name artists just wanting a free anything they can get their hands on.

I've taken the stance that: If the person doesn't want my guitar enough to pay for it they don't want it enough to own it.

I can see however that having endorsement is a massive tool, I'm just not in a position to be giving out freebies. I had a discussion with a local luthier (acoustic scene) who has some pretty big name artists using his guitars, in his multiple decades of building he's only given away two guitars and he said he regretted it both times. Today is a different world however.