Justin's guitar

ScottR

You are a patient man. Three or four is about all I can stand although it is closer to 6 before the hardware gets mounted. Sure it keeps on shrinking and sometimes if you hold it at a real low angle sveral months later you may see some slight dimples if you really hunt for them. Sometimes I say to myself that I'll polish those out again next time I have the strings off. I actually did it once.

I will admit that your gloss finishes are brighter than a radioactive diamond.

SR

Looking unreal as i imagined it. You sir are one gifted person.

Even 4 weeks seems like an eternity of waiting for a finish to dry. That is more than twice the time it takes me to build the whole guitar.

Even with my 2k cleared sapele SS already shrunk back and is revealing lines and pores.

How could you not be a fan of quilt?

Too overdone? I sort of agree that it might be becoming common. They say diamonds are actually fairly common too.....but I expect it would be nearly impossible to find a girl that doesn't want another one. :D

SR

• Like 1

Thanks man. It's actually a JR, but I can certainly see a JZ in it. Oddly enough, when Justin--and several of my friends-- first saw it, they saw only a stylized R. I told them to look at it again, and if they held their mouth just right......and maybe squinted a little, they might see the J as well.

Now that you've brought it up, it's kind of hard to un-see the Z. :P

SR

I did some more leveling and I found some great sunlight so I took a few more shots.

IMG_3623.JPG

IMG_3624.JPG

IMG_3625.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

It is not really glossy yet, in fact it is not fully leveled--there are still remnants of orange peel.......but my don't the sunlight bring out the colors nicely?

SR

Justin mentioned a couple of times.......several times.......quite a few times that I need to sign this guitar.

IMG_3609_zpsfd22ff46.jpg

So I signed it.

SR

That's one hell of a cool way to sign a guitar Scott. How long did that take you to pull off?

Thanks John. After a couple of tests on scrap to get the size and position figured out, I probably spent about 45 minutes carving that. It would have gone faster if there hadn't been a whole guitar stuck onto that volute. :D

Curtis- I keep finding details that I should have paid attention to......Like looking at this thing in extreme close up I keep seeing little places I want to clean up. Even though I've already cleaned some of them since those shots were taken.....and at life size you can't see them anyway!

The idea is to leave the tool marks and finish sand the surface of the initials as I finish sand everything else. I think that will give a nice contrast to the rest of the highly polished guitar. And the rough areas will darken more than the finish sanded areas when I oil the neck.

It looks cool in my head anyway. :rolleyes:

SR

I have no words to say but I have some letters for you...

O-M-G.

G-O-T-M

B-):hyper

Cool.

I'll toss it in there when it's done. I'd sure like to see 6 or 8 others in at the same time.......every time.

I have no words to say but I have some letters for you...

O-M-G.

G-O-T-M

B-):hyper

^ This!

Not only is the guitar beautiful (that word still doesn't do it justice), but you seem to have a very healthy collection of chairs.

Hahaha!

Nope, just those two. And it looks like I need to clean the bird poop off the one. :angry:

SR