Guitar Of The Month vote - June 2014

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need another peek at this month's entries? Click !
This thread and poll automagically close on the 1st June 2014.

The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page and as the default site background photo, plus a shiny member badge!

Good luck to all of this month's entrants. So what does everybody think of these three beauties this month?

Menapia--- That is a fantastic top, and all the veneer detail work is exquisite. I have always been a fan of your work and this is a perfect example of why. So many details lovingly crafted. What is the micro switch for? I only wish you shared more of your work with us.

Sancho Marino-- As you declare this is a fairly standardly shaped pointy horned SS. I like the veneer layer and the flourish to theadstock. What really sets it off though is the dye job on that curly maple and the cleanness of the faux binding.....which isn't even binding but a big ol' roundover. I'm not sure I've ever seen that done, and you pulled it off with precision. Very well done!

demonx---This is just begging to be hanging off the shoulders of combat boot clad metal rocker on stage. The worn look is not really to my taste, but the craftsmanship, and the high standards of your construction certainly is.

Good job all three!

SR

Cheers Scott the mini switch is for the P-rail in the neck it allows you to switch between single coil ,P90 and humbucker . And ya yer right buddy I think I should post a bit more of my work maybe I'm a little to shy :rolleyes: ...lol

I see a lot to like in these entries... we have excellent veneer work, scarf veneers, superthin super strats and a killer explorer with a deadly black blood worn finish.

I would love to think I had at least a small part in influencing some of the things I am seeing. But dreams of grandure aside here is what I think.

Menapia -- until today I would say that is the best guitar I have seen from you. But today I saw that you have been holding out on us. It got my vote... but I voted a few days ago before I knew what you were hiding. From here forward I will judge you different. Excellent execution and I really like most everything about the guitar except for the PRS resemblance.

Sancho -- excellent build. I love everything about it. 2 things cost you my vote. I think the pho binding is out of proportion with the top. It is not passing the eyeball test for me. Still looks great just I am not sure about it. Secondly, your scarf veneer has a wicked flat spot in it yet the neck profile seems to be C shaped. That tells me based on the angle your headstock scarf piece was not thick enough for the veneer to clear the headstock.

Demonx -- Take my money. I would play this everyday if I could. But your lack of ergonomic respect for my waining shoulder and back would leave this one on the stand on gig day. Aside from that I got nothing to say other than I would take this one home given the choice.

Excellent guitars this month.

Cheers!