Project Fast LP

So what are your plans for that little beauty mark? A trans black burst sounds like nitro is planned. So are you going to fill that or let it sink as a natural mark of character? If you put a skull in the headstock, maybe some stitches for the scar would be in order?

SR

So what are your plans for that little beauty mark? A trans black burst sounds like nitro is planned. So are you going to fill that or let it sink as a natural mark of character? If you put a skull in the headstock, maybe some stitches for the scar would be in order?

SR

Interesting ideas and I like the theme... I am not sure I am going to manage the inlay on the headstock before this one is done. I hate inlays as they confound me. All that negative space work ... Doing the skull in the hand right will be a longer undertaking.

I think for this pass I am just going to finish it up and think about it.

The bushings for the Economy tailpiece are large. The holes in the body would have to be made bigger. Bushings are .475 and the holes are around .433 . While not impossible to do with a hand drill I would definitely rather use a drill press for this operation. The tailpiece does seem to line up well enough.
IMG_20140608_122643_zps8bogyt1r.jpg
IMG_20140608_122655_zpsuj8k8sfn.jpg
IMG_20140608_122725_zps36ohf3e6.jpg

The slanted Bone Nut from ALLPARTS needs a little trim to fit the slot. I think the LP nut would fit perfect. This is a generic martin style I had lying around. In the picture you will see it is larger than the 1/4" file from Stew Mac. Probably just cut my own from stock.
IMG_20140608_130535_zpsuqx2jyy0.jpg
IMG_20140608_130545_zpsfsnhlane.jpg
IMG_20140608_130559_zpsfekgklm9.jpg
IMG_20140608_130644_zpshfchdxxu.jpg

I have never been a fan of the scrawny little tuners that come on an LP.

You look like you are having fun with this; is it a nice little break from working on your own stuff?

SR

The Tone Pros tuners are very heavy duty. They look vintage but inside they are like a modern tuner. Machined brass body and threaded bushings with excellent ratio. I have used them on several guitars and they are very nice.

Those machine heads are a bit gay, it isn't?

Depends on the final look. If I go all vintage nickel then they make sense. If I go black hardware then yes they would look stupid. I am not sold on them as I prefer locking tuners on my personal guitars. I might see what types of lockers I can find in nickel.