• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think I've ever been actually, don't know if it's still there.

What is halarious is if you ever see an Isle Of Wight booklet, theres always loads of really good things advertised in it like rare tiger parks, theme parks, wildlife centers, strip clubs and things like that,

you get here and theres only a model village and a giant falling over a cliff. :D

Ive been to Black Gang Chine. I got some coloured sand in a bottle as a momento of the trip, it was 10years ago!

you know, the place where all that history happened.

Has anyone seen the Eddie Izzard sketch he did in San Francisco? He referred to europe as "y'know, where the history is" and he imagines US tour guides saying things like "...and this was built 70 YEARS ago". Im not taking the p*ss out of the US, just makes me chuckle :D

this is so random.... you have no idea. isle of WIGHT???? *** IS THE ISLE OF WIGHT

There were pop festivals here in the 70's, Miles Davis,The Who and Bob Dylan played and Jimi Hendrix headlined in 1970. Theyve just started doing it again once a year three years ago. Robert Plant, Ash, Hundred Reasons and Starsailor were the main acts the first year and Iggy Pop, Brian Adams and Counting Crows the second year. David Bowie and Bob Dylan are supposed to be playing this year, and there's been talk of the remaining members of the Who playing! I hope thats true.

:D

No.

Alot of people say it is and are wrong. He died somthing like 16 days after, he did a few more gigs, but he was really going down hill. (Thats what the Isle Of Wight does to you,) :D

No.

Alot of people say it is and are wrong. He died somthing like 16 days after, he did a few more gigs, but he was really going down hill. (Thats what the Isle Of Wight does to you,) :D

B)

I've been there so I know what you're on about. Quite a few old people!