The band was the new Jimi Hendrix Experience with Mitch Mitchell on drums and Billy Cox on bass.

I know I guy whos in the music industry who lives near me, who has some original unpublishd photos of Hendrix backstage at the I-o-W festival. Could be some of the last taken of him.

The festival was less than a mile away from me now, theres also a published photo of him standing on a field next to where my dad now lives.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh oh I live in this place! I feel so detached, but when I'm 18, I'm outta here! As im here I may as well say for all those interested my band has gigs comin up soon! i will post more details as they come up. BTW the band is Brokenboneless( www.brokenboneless.cjb.net ).

Ahhhh all the Islands atractions they are all child hood memories.

I'm camping at the fest this year for the 3 days! B) should be a goodun

all the other things on the island are rubbish IMO but i dont think i would have been who i am with out this rock! :D

As im here I may as well say for all those interested my band has gigs comin up soon! i will post more details as they come up. BTW the band is Brokenboneless( www.brokenboneless.cjb.net ).

Ahhhh all the Islands atractions they are all child hood memories.

I'm camping at the fest this year for the 3 days! :D should be a goodun

all the other things on the island are rubbish IMO but i dont think i would have been who i am with out this rock! B)

I've got a couple of bands on the island. I just finished the music courses at the college last year.

I haven't seen your band around, but mind you there are about ten million bands on the island! Where do you play most?

lol I know there are so many Island bands, I think thats the only thing to do here, but we play the Ryde area. We got 2 gigs comin up and they are both on the 13th of the months!

• 3 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUMPY UPDATE THINGY

theres a new member (paulie) from the isle of wight.....time to kick start the pointless posting about our homeland again :D

dan

Ok here's a long shot as there seems to be afew Islanders about.

I know plenty of people who sing on the island but I'm looking for someone new to do an acoustic sort of a thing, I've got loads of regular gigs offered to me from several venues to do acoustic stuff. I want to do originals eventually but to start off with maybe doin covers by bands like, Blind Melon, Led Zeppelin (Rain Song etc) and maybe some more obscure stuff like Nick Drake and King Crimson. So if your a singer and if youre able avaliable and prepared to practice in the West Wight get hold of me. Ben :D

There's plenty of singers about and I know a few but it's whether there dedicated good enough and prepared to do that sort of stuff. I would prefer someone the same sort of age really (sounds like a lonely hearts thing) :D not overly botherd if there male or female as long as there good enough.

• 1 month later...