Biggest Design Flaws

I recently was given a Taylor New Neck Design video that tested out the amount of pressure before the neck would break. I think after the test was over... He could put 340 lbs of pressure on the neck area directly in front of the nut on a scarf joint before it broke, and it broke with around 290 lbs with a one piece neck.. So he said it makes a slight difference.. "enough for us to design ours that way" is the way he put it. I say is it really worth it for just 50 more pounds pressure? lol

I recently was given a Taylor New Neck Design video that tested out the amount of pressure before the neck would break. I think after the test was over... He could put 340 lbs of pressure on the neck area directly in front of the nut on a scarf joint before it broke, and it broke with around 290 lbs with a one piece neck.. So he said it makes a slight difference.. "enough for us to design ours that way" is the way he put it. I say is it really worth it for just 50 more pounds pressure? lol

Taylor's joint is a type of fingerjoint, not a scarf joint.

Taylor's joint is cut and glued on a automated machine

2 little tid bits of info i think should have been included there GF :D

i have that video too, it's pretty cool, they should have it online so everyone could go take a look at it...

yes it definately is..... do you realize that that will slowly go down the more you use the guitar?

snork.....that is what wood finishing is all about....if you properly finish the guitar to prevent the moisture exchange then it WILL last a lifetime.

please,please,please stop with the nonsense. :D

it takes years to learn about this stuff..you can't think that 1/2of the way through your first guitar you all of the sudden know everything,do you?

it really saddens me when you go off on what you don't know

don't worry about it snork i used to ( and still do a bit) just post on common sense, but you gotta realize it'll only take you so far, sometimes you should just sit back and let other people post and read up before you go talking about something you may not be completely informed about, that's all we're trying to say, it's not a posting race/war u know :D

another thing I should add is that common sense (theory) and applied theory (actual exprience doing it) are often 2 completely different things..

its common sense though. things wear out.... sorry for offending you i'm just using common sense.

moving parts wear out...non moving parts do not..

if it is properly finished it COULD last centuries.....you know...like those old antique chest of drawers

your common sense may need some help. :D

Snork, how did you get more post than me?! :DB):D