prs scale how doe sit compare in playability and tone

I'd say that there is a tiny difference in sound. My perception is that the longer scale length has a bit "snappier" sound compared to the shorter (generally speaking) and I can hear a bit of that when comparing a 25.5" and a 25" scale guitar. However, and this is important, that can also be contributed to the difference in feel (longer scale, stiffer strings) that translate in a different approach of the player and it might be that I hear and not an actual difference in sound.

The longer the scale, the higher the string tension. That does affect how the strings react when plucked in terms of volume and resonance and has a definite effect on the sound of the instrument, just like different string gauges affect the sound.

25" is my go to scale length for my guitars. I prefer it to shorter scales for soloing because on say a Les Paul, your fingers start to get crammed up at the 17th fret and up. At the other end of the scale, near the nut, the slighly shorter scale than a strat helps because I can reach a 6 fret span more easily.