• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something just as shiny but not quite as bright:    

Build thread in 90 seconds:    

Finally got around to taking a few snap shots of the "Space Scene" guitar. I hope you guys like it! The Specs: The fingerboard inlay on this one consist of: Rosewood, Cocobolo, Bocote, Black

Posted Images

On 13 February 2016 at 3:05 AM, Prostheta said:

Facebook image URLs change over time, so they are not reliable for embedding I'm afraid. It's just a great source of link/image rot. I'm sure that they change the URLs periodically to prevent bandwidth leeching.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to make more video/slideshows then!

Oddly enough Scott, that really became my area of expertise thanks to the pressures of my degree work. I made so many unique difficult-to-manufacture wooden components for my own lighting and furniture projects that I quickly became a master of making workholding jigs for spindle moulders, router tables, table saws, pneumatic clamping, sanders, etc. Just fed into the puzzle-solving part of my brain.

Allan's totally right about a CNC router not being anything more glorified than a hand or table-mounted version. Simply, your shaping template or guide jig is code rather than being physical. We'll totally forget the bit about constantly climb-cutting of course. You'd be mad to do that by hand for an entire instrument. :nanananananananananaPIRATE:

Customer wanted bright metallic pink, after some discussion we agreed on some color samples and this fuscia variation was decided on. It's sprayed over a metallic silver and the fuscia candy is full of pearl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...