Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

It's true,they are...physically.Not so hot mentally or emotionally though.The last couple of girls I had over felt like good looking latex dolls,for all the personality they had.

My friend brings them over though,and he likes a particular brand of ...whatever...in a guy you might call it douchiness...dooshyness?Dusheeness...

Anyway,they are chick versions of douches.Dooshes....Today is not my spelling day.

I would rather spend time with a woman that has as much disdain for most of the population as I do.A lazy one that doesn't expect anything of me...My world rocking days are few and far between...cuz I'm old.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a funny month. I've started a supplementary professional degree course some evenings to go on top of my existing manufacturing woodworker degree. Nina's joined too which is cool. Our son got

I have no idea why but I get excited like a kid when I get a haul of lumber in like that. I smiled when I saw that pic Mikro. The only sad part is when its gone after your project is done. whil

I've got a couple of fires in the iron, and definitely. That's what I'm going to do. Firstly I'm going to his union tomorrow to call his bluff on the bullshit (which I have in writing) which he has be

Posted Images

So true. For someone to have a realistic view of what's going around them, they need to have experienced what's going on around them for awhile. Then what they have to say stands a better chance of being interesting.

Still in most cases, not all but most, our first evaluation is made based on what we see......possibly because in most cases we see them before we get close enough to talk to them. And when you see hotness at a distance, it's only natural to want a closer look.

SR

A lot of slow left lane drivers lately.A few that seem to think it's okay to keep pace with the right hand lane and keep everyone backed up behind them.Courtesy is a thing of the past.

I could follow them to their next stop and punch them,but that seems even more discourteous.

Today I lost it a bit.Politely flashed my lights after a few miles as a "hey,please let me by" and got a finger in return....so I gave in and hit the emergency lane,got around in front of him,and slammed on my brakes.I know that was the wrong response,but it felt good...and I again did the polite thing and pulled in to the next gas station so he could pull in and we could hash it out,but he chose the weinie route...big and tough with the finger behind the wheel though.

Anyway.I hate giving in to my base nature,but beating his stupid looking curly head into the ground would have felt justified...evenugjthoubviously that would be an over reaction.

Anyway again.Coffee.Good.

As a bassist, i can relate. There have been times where the drummer has been too slow and doesn't respond to my attempts at getting him to speed up to keep up with the song tempo. Many times i figured that pulling him in after the track and giving him a ground and pound would solve things. 

Fist bump.Been there with drummers that won't keep the pace.Their either slow as hell or trying to prove how fast they are.

Almost the weekend.Tomorrow by noon I will be free to get more material and finish the bedroom of the conex.Then I'll start working towards the other end,saving the bathroom for last.Word to the wise...don't glue trim in.Use finishing nails,even if it is tedious.Very frustrating to remove trim only to have part of the wall and ceiling come with it.

You know what's worse than people gluing moulding and trim in? People that use silicone to do glazing. Seriously. I've repaired no end of old traditional doors and windows where the owner figured that fixing panes with silicone was a good idea. To the point where you want to use their head to break out the old pane and tell them to pick out the shards with their teeth.

Last job I managed to do with finishing nails was a beautiful set of white Oak caps for the bar stairs of a local ice hockey pro. If you can find their heads in amongst that grain, you're a better man than I. Or one with too much time to look for nail heads.

I was almost like "oops,guilty",but then I saw you said glazing.I use silicoln for all permanent outdoor leaks and all bathroom stuff,but not on glass...that **** won't clean up on glass.

I don't even remember what I used to glue the trim on...I thought it was acrylic caulk,but I may have accidentally grabbed a tube of silicoln..all the caulk I buy is brilliant white,and all from the same manufacturer,so it's easy to mix them up.

Talking of that foamy crap, it beggars belief that people use that stuff to simulate wooden pillars and support beams! Anything that you can feasibly touch should be wood. Fair enough if it's a decorative crown moulding around a house (however, after seeing a professional plasterer make those by hand....) but not a door trim, skirting board or dado rail. You learnt the hard way, I take it.

The coolest thing is the wall outlet box.It is designed to adjust in and out after install.You just attach the clip to the stud and put your sheetrock/paneling/whatever on,then you turn a screw on the face of the box until it sits flush...then put on the faceplate and a perfect fit is achieved.Really excellent idea.

I have a story.

Yesterday after work I settled in for my normal routine: I grabbed a book, a beer and a couple dogs and went out to the back yard and settled in at the patio table to unwind. I had recently planted some grass seed so I turned the sprinkler on and drug it to a new spot every fifteen minutes or so. After about an hour and a half I set my bookmark in place and went into the house for beer number three. I sat back down and pulled the bookmark out and stuck it back in the book further ahead in unread pages. I poured my beer and opened the book where my finger marked my spot and started to read, and noticed what looked like a mud stain on the page. I wiped it off with a rag and gave it a sniff--there are dogs in the story-- but I noticed no aroma that couldn't be attributed to mud. I read a little further and I think just where did that come from? That bookmark is a piece of white plastic that is only ever between pages of the book or sometimes laying on the table. I like to use it to swat any ants that think it is okay to wander around on my patio table. So I pull it out of the book and sure enough it has a two or three inch long smear of brown goo. A sniff test confirms that this is dog ****. I wipe that off with the rag and start to throw it on the table---and decide no I should wash the dog out of it first.

I have no idea how that got on my bookmark. I was only in the house for a minute or two. I though maybe I drug the hose through a doggy bomb and got some on me that way and maybe scratched at an itch with the book mark. So I checked everything. I had no poop on me, my clothes, my feet or my shoes. I could find none on the hose. There was none on the table or patio that I could have dropped the bookmark into. I did have a dog on my lap at one point so I grabbed him and he passed the inspection too.

I'm at a total loss. The book I'm reading has some supernatural activity in it, but I haven't really gotten to any of it yet. Maybe the squirrels have finally declared war. the ants have cause, but they aren't fast enough to have pulled that off in the time I was gone. Maybe I have a poltergeist.:blink:

Here's the weird thing....or at least another weird thing. I can feel my mind trying to push the event away. It's like there is no explanation so therefore it couldn't have happened and is not worthy of another thought. Makes me wonder how many times I've done that in my life. I folded over the corner of the page with the stain on it and have checked a couple of times.......it's still there.

SR

Mystery dog poo...I remember those days.

The dogs went with the ex,so aside from the brief stint where I had a cat I haven't had to worry about things like that.

Though I do have a back door that mysteriously locks,but I know what that is(or strongly suspect).The neighbor that had the Mexican daughter that was coming over for a while also has a younger daughter getting close to the 18 barrier,and every time my back door is locked when it shouldn't be I know it's because the knob gets stuck sometimes and either it's the younger sister poking around or the older sister(who is in her20s now) is back in town.The older one always made a game of coming in,moving nothing,and sitting and watching my fancy ass TV,and sometimes she had her little sister with her.

You would think it would bother me,but it doesn't.Nothing ever comes up missing.Plus part of me hopes it's the older one and that she'll stop by for a visit.I warned her last time though that if she kept poking the bear then the bear was eventually going to eat her...

Okay, so I just came back from the hospital after an ultrasound on my heart. Turns out I have a thick wall on the left hand side, bad signalling (my heart pisses out wiper fluid when you try to indicate a right turn) plus I have a hole in it. Well that's useful.

Apparently nothing to worry about, but its being referred to one of the top cardio bods in Finland, if in fact I end up with Remes again. It's pumping plenty of blood which is a plus. I better not arrange a surprise party for it when I turn forty next year, and certainly avoid getting tased or chased by Usain Bolt wielding a shiv.

I am still dead set on outlasting Lemmy, and bets are not completely off let's put it that way. He rocked St. Louis last night, so I've work to do.

Edited by Prostheta

Apparently nothing to worry about......easy for them to say. How's not worrying about it working out?

I seem to remember you having an issue with your eyes a few years back. Something about greying out around the edges of your field of vision....or was it a grey spot in the center.....Or probably I've got that all wrong. Anyway did that ever resolve itself?

SR

I am afraid that Lemmy and Keith Richards may live forever...I suspect they are actual and for real vampires.

I always try to think about my preferred methods of passing on...of course #1 would be in my sleep after a centuries long space voyage in cryo-stasis and conquering a new planet...followed closely by just "in my sleep".It seems about as dignified as it could ever get.

But I suppose it would feel satisfying to die while in the process of killing some sort of evildoer..that homeless guy in France everyone on Facebook is talking about got it right.

I don't watch regular tv,but I saw that video on FB..and for all I know it could be not at all what it looked like,but I admit I teared up a bit watching that...not out of sorrow for his death,rather out of a sort of vicarious pride for a man I never knew who died in the most glorious and meaningful way I could ever imagine for myself...just coming to the aid of a woman in need who may or may not deserve it.Dude even had a cigarette hanging from his lip...just awesome.

I know..that is sort of a strange tangent to go off on.

I'd like to say that I'm not worried, however it's a lot of information to accept and not do so. That and feeling like my heart is being poked by fingers. Fine doesn't adequately seem to describe it. 

My scotoma is still present, but no issue and hasn't changed. I don't notice it. Not overly concerned with that one since the hospital and my eye dentist can't find a physical defect. 

I'm not sure if you are letting your dentist check your eyes, or your optometrist check your teeth, but, either way, perhaps you should reevaluate?

With regards to your heart, you will probably be amazed at what they can do to fix hearts these days. My youngest was born with a heart that had more wrong with it than it had right. Based on the info we were given when she was diagnosed, we wouldn't have expected her to still be here, yet she's probably the happiest and healthiest in the family.

All the best with it, dude.

B

• Like 1