Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

Thanks. Well, it's disconcerting at best. I had zero found wrong two years ago and these two issues found last week. I'm hoping that the referral can make head or tail about whether the hole has always been there (preferable) and same for the thickened wall. If these developed in the last two years....yikes....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a funny month. I've started a supplementary professional degree course some evenings to go on top of my existing manufacturing woodworker degree. Nina's joined too which is cool. Our son got

I have no idea why but I get excited like a kid when I get a haul of lumber in like that. I smiled when I saw that pic Mikro. The only sad part is when its gone after your project is done. whil

I've got a couple of fires in the iron, and definitely. That's what I'm going to do. Firstly I'm going to his union tomorrow to call his bluff on the bullshit (which I have in writing) which he has be

Posted Images

Yeah, it's easy to say it'll all be fine when you are on the sideline. Different matter altogether if you're actually in the game.

The thickened wall may well be a by product of the hole. Because of the hole, the muscle has to work harder and gets "buff".

My wife and I became experts in all things cardio when our little one went through it all. After her final operation and the assurance that she would lead a long and healthy life I just dumped all the info and stuck my head in the sand, ostrich-like. If I don't aknowledge the problem, it must not exist, right?

Anyway, I hope it all gets sorted for you without too much drama.

B

Like I say, I genuinely appreciate the understanding. I don't think I'm too phased by this really, and certainly not in denial of how serious it could be. It just is what it is. I don't think it'll go exploding any time soon, but let's face it....it doesn't have zero impact on my life.

The hole isn't causing issues with quantity or velocity of blood flow in either direction, and neither is my synchronisation issue. Whether that's how it will always been is of course not a known. I'm not sure if the hole even has any relation to the thicker wall. I should have been asking these questions (or perhaps being told them specifically) but you sort of get spanged by the immediate impact of "defect, hole, signalling synchronisation issue", etc.

You're not getting rid of me that easily, world.

It really makes no sense how people have health problems as they get older.With the way our bodies replicate and replace cells we should all be like Wolverine,at least in the aging respect.

I believe (speaking of things that suck) that it may be time for me to go full "old man" and start controlling every aspect of my diet all the time.This is going to require monitoring my fiber intake,how much coffee I drink,switching to more vegetables and less protein...stuff like that.

Sucks to feel like crap for hours just because I eat a donut or drink too much coffee.

First clamp forest in a looooooooong time.

20150921_131800_zpswactqmkq.jpg

Felt good. Forgot how stressful it can be doing a 5 piece lay up. Out the door and headed for London while the glue was still squeezing out. Some things never change...

Haha... I certainly did!

I got one of them fancy glue bottle/roller spreader jobs and filled it up, just to be safe. I figured I could always pour the leftover back into the glue jug.

Safe to say I ran out with 2.5 faces left to glue. Cue big mess as I pour straight from the jug and spread with my fingers.

There will be a right proper temper tantrum if I find any voids in this...

Never was a UTI...more of a prostate thing and somehow cranberry juice makes me wake up to go to the bathroom less.

Already off the drinking though,it was causing my gallbladder to pain me.Damn,I'm old.

I started putting together a "bug out pack"...just in case I ever need to get out quick and never look back.Made a list of stuff.Thinking I need a crossbow and a small recurve for hunting.

Carbon fiber.

I think I am going to start buying precious metals,or at least look into it.There are a lot of differing opinions about the validity of such a course of action,but I am really unsatisfied with rate of return vs inflation on CDs,IRAs,etc...not to mention taxes take another huge chunk out and the government severely limits IRA investing.

Anyway,metals are low right now and seem to be stabilizing at that low spot,so it may be the right time...

Or it'll be a huge mistake,but whatever.

A guy I worked for back in the late 70's - early 80's was lamenting that he'd had a chance to get in on the ground floor when they first started trading gold. They wanted a $20,000 investment and he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was telling this story 2 or 3 years after the fact, because at that point he would have been a multi-millionaire. And at that time gold was still a ways under $100 an ounce. I expect he doesn't even look at the prices now....if he's even still alive.

Everything's a risk, go for it if you dare. The trend normally is everything goes up over time. On the other hand there are a lot of broke oil speculators out there right now. It will go back up in time, but probably not ever to the highest levels it hit a few years back.

SR

I've got loads of rich friends and they all seem to say something along the lines of "the only bad time to buy is yesterday..."

Obviously not true in all cases, but I've certainly noticed a common theme.

B