Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a funny month. I've started a supplementary professional degree course some evenings to go on top of my existing manufacturing woodworker degree. Nina's joined too which is cool. Our son got

I have no idea why but I get excited like a kid when I get a haul of lumber in like that. I smiled when I saw that pic Mikro. The only sad part is when its gone after your project is done. whil

I've got a couple of fires in the iron, and definitely. That's what I'm going to do. Firstly I'm going to his union tomorrow to call his bluff on the bullshit (which I have in writing) which he has be

Posted Images

On 2/9/2015 at 0:57 AM, Tim37 said:

I prefer mine to be self propelled

This is a common toileting problem amongst the respectfully aged, too.

3 hours ago, VanKirk said:

image.jpeg

As a bassist, I find it likely that we'd not understand why the instrument doesn't come with a three-pronged connector. One of these new-fangled "earthed" things.

8 hours ago, VanKirk said:

image.jpeg

I'm sure that would tickle @Kevan, however I am also sure that he'll be sick of people reposting this to him by now....

I've been playing the hell out of my rig lately. I had to take a quarter off from school to take care of pressing business but I still have time to crank the amp when the kid is in school. My latest build through a Zoom G5 and Fender Blues DeVille 2x12. The zoom is very good as an effects pedal and decent at amp/ cab simulation. Most of the presets were too far out there to sound musical to me but it's very easy to tweak how I want. I just turn off the cab simulator and use my external wah (it sounds much better than the zoom's wah setting). 

As far as the guitar goes, it plays beautifully but I want to refinish it. Maybe, honey or red burst but I do too many reds and sun bursts as it is. Poor phone camera pic in crap lighting but you get the idea. This isn't about strat tone so it's not you're do it all guitar but it does exactly what I wanted it to do. 

Dimarzio virtual PAFs from Brian, volume and push/ pull tone pot for coil splitting, Spertzel locking tuners, Hipshot Babygrand bridge, 3 way switch.

image.jpeg

Edited by VanKirk
  • Like 1

Enjoy your holiday,Scott.

Cool guitar,Van.I haven't been playing much lately at all,but I still prefer my Gibson over anything I have ever built.Sucks to say it,but the truth is the truth.

I bought Destiny for the Xbox...dudes,that game rocks.Barely started it and I am already hooked.So good.Most fun I've had since Dead Space.

I've thought about replacing my PlayStation 3 but I'd camp in front of it and not get anything done for weeks or more. Guitar is bad enough, heh.

I have the same issue with all of my builds except for this one, Wes but not surprising considering I don't build enough to get very good at it. I finally have a new number one now, though. I got the neck shape and fret work exactly how I like it and I've been inspired to play more.

I play through the G5 into headphones in the am so I don't wake the wife and kid but it isn't nearly as satisfying as going through the amp. I had to make 3 copies of my favorite patches and tweak them to sound right through an amp, headphones or direct recording and then rename them accordingly. I have really enjoyed tweaking guitar patches and, even more, synth plugins to get some useable tones for recording or jamming. I have hours and hours of work creating my own synth patches. I back them up but I'd freak out if I ever lost them.

I got a better pic during this morning's coffee jam;

image.jpeg

Edited by VanKirk

Destiny is the shit,dudes..

I bought the game for $17 I think,then slogged through it for a few days before buying a character upgrade(nothing like paying real money for pretend weapons and armor),and now it's a blast.Best shooter game I have ever played.

I usually feel a disconnect with most games,but this one on Xbox One just somehow gets it right.It's so smooth I don't even get motion sickness like with most First Person shooters.

No he didn't. The world just wasn't strong enough to keep him in it. Lemmy's life was one livest completely and fully to the edges. If he'd lived to 35 or 170, life would never have been large enough to contain him. Honoured to spend my life on the same planet, if only for a short period of time. Lemmy remembers before rock n' roll, and without him the rock is left empty.

Shame it wasn't Lars.

• Like 3
On 12/19/2015 at 5:25 AM, westhemann said:

I bought an Xbox one.Have not played it yet,as it took two hours to go through all the registration and all night to download the updates and the games that came with the bundle.

They need to do a better job streamlining the process.

I did the same. Bought 7 games for the kids, took forever. One tip: put it into offline mode when you install a game, it goes 10x faster. Then online when you start it for the first time it will do the online updates.

Edited by komodo

So my vacation was awesome.

I started a big fire,made a good bed of coals,and spent four days piling stuff on it between video game sessions until my place was free of all the branches that have been falling off the last two years while it was too dry to burn.

Unfortunately today I had to spend $1100 on tie rod ends and ball joints on my Mustang...Surprise!!! Back to normal,everyday crap.

Well there wasn't any thing under my pillow so I guess that only works when your 6.

I asked the dentist if I could get it for half price since it was broke and the other half was already gone.  He said he already charges half price because you never have a whole tooth pulled.  I guess he has a good point.  

Wow.Still alive.

Still playing Destiny.That is one hell of a game.Been playing for something like a month now and I still am not as levelled up as what is possible.Once you reach "level 40" you find out you still can increase your "light" (which is a measure of how much damage you can give and how much you can take)...been playing almost nonstop all weekend to increase from 230 light to 260.

I need to reach 290 to unlock the "king's fall" raid(which is the toughest)

Rumor has it 310 is the highest light level possible,but I bet the next expansion will increase the possibilities.

Great thing is that even though you can be maxed out,you can still get clobbered by a mass of bad guys if you aren't skilled enough.Brilliant how they've done it.

• 2 weeks later...

So this happened on Saturday evening. Marco disappeared early however I had a good chat with Bryan about basses, why he's playing an Alex Webster signature, etc. Guthrie was like a weird cartoon character. An immensely likeable, quirky gentleman and an intensely friendly human being.

569e67a815676_IMG_0945-1.thumb.jpg.e422c

• Like 1