Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a funny month. I've started a supplementary professional degree course some evenings to go on top of my existing manufacturing woodworker degree. Nina's joined too which is cool. Our son got

I have no idea why but I get excited like a kid when I get a haul of lumber in like that. I smiled when I saw that pic Mikro. The only sad part is when its gone after your project is done. whil

I've got a couple of fires in the iron, and definitely. That's what I'm going to do. Firstly I'm going to his union tomorrow to call his bluff on the bullshit (which I have in writing) which he has be

Posted Images

Tornadoes?Hell,we just get heat.

Speaking of,I don't know if I mentioned it previously(I don't think I have) but I started looking into the central ac on my big house and tracked the issue to a faulty breaker on the outdoor fan unit.Easy fix and now my big house is nice and cool,so I moved back into it.

Spent the last week or so cleaning it all up and caulking around all the window frames.I procrastinated about repairing the leaks for so long that I do have quite a bit of water damage I will be needing to repair.

Releveled it and so all repairs can begin in earnest.I need to replace both the front and rear door frames as well as some sheetrock around three windows.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I watching the early stages of total mind control on my lunch hour these days.

The little park that I spend that time has always had a few phone zombies wandering around the path that circles the little lake. One memorable time I watched 5 of them walk right into each other. This past month the number of those has been on the increase. Only these don't hold there phones with both hands texting and scrolling as they walk. These hold them extended out in front of them in one hand as they march purposely around the path. Nowadays there is a constant stream of "people" making their way along that path. sometimes one will veer off on a side trip and occasionally you'll see someone else make that same side trip twenty minutes later. There is a small timbered area on the side of the park and these new phone zombies- these Pokeymanheads flock out of the woods phones extended in front of them and join the circling masses.

It seems to me someone with evil intentions and serious hacking skills could subvert this little game app into something quite nefarious. The game has already gotten them marching around like mindless lemmings.

It's the early stages of total mind control I tell you!

SR

Everyone I know is playing that crap.Harmless,I suppose...but I really don't see the fascination.

They all claim it's good because "it gets people out and moving around"...meanwhile I use my phone to play music into my headphones while I run on my treadmill.I'm up to two miles a day at 6mph straight through,no breaks.That's twenty minutes straight running at a fairly quick pace...so really how am I supposed to believe that this meandering game is somehow a health benefit.People these days have an extremely low threshold for exercise.

In other news,I picked up a Spider IV 150 watt combo amp today.It's actually pretty useable.Not that I really feel like playing my guitar at all,but whatever.New toy.

The portable kind would be very useful. I'll bet they are hard to come by.

On 7/29/2016 at 8:07 PM, westhemann said:

In other news,I picked up a Spider IV 150 watt combo amp today.It's actually pretty useable.Not that I really feel like playing my guitar at all,but whatever.New toy.

I got a Dr. Z MAZ 18 last month. I've got no rational reason whatsoever for doing that, but yeah, new toy.

I gotta admit, I really like it though.:)

SR

On 30/07/2016 at 4:45 PM, Prostheta said:

@demonx might have a few mine shafts on his new property. Unsure if they are the portable kind.

There are several on my property which are a couple hundred years old, both vertical and horizontal

The Vertical ones are all filled in, the horizontal ones are not however have unknown things living in them which is enough to keep me away.  I've seen the mozzies at the entrance fresh animal tracks and no thanks. It's the mozzies I'm more afraid of than the four legged inhabitants!

Hi Guys, Sorry been awhile. Had some health stuff come up. Evidently my heart valves got an infection from an abscessed tooth I had.. Going to dentist tomorrow to see what to do to fix the damn thing.. I hate frigging dentists. I'm sure it will be costly as it is broken off at the jawbone.

MK

6 minutes ago, Tim37 said:

Ouch that sucks man. I have spent more than my fair share in a dentist chair this year.  Apparently ya go 25 years without seeing one they like to stick it to you.

I did the same thing and got the same result. They stuck it to me for about 18 months and then I said screw this and quit going again. I just had a toothache and wanted it pulled for crying out loud. They found sooo many other things they wanted to do while they we at it.

13 hours ago, MiKro said:

Evidently my heart valves got an infection from an abscessed tooth I had..

Dayum. I've never heard of that before. I thought the tooth bone was connected to the jaw bone, the jaw bone was connected to the skull bone, the skull bone was connected to the neck bone, etc., etc., ect. about 20 more times till you get to the heart valve bone.:blink:

SR

Well I just spent 3 hours in the dentist chair and $500. Damn my teeth are a wreck. LOL!! So now I have to see an endodontic as I have 4 teeth that have been or are infected and has caused bone loss and damage.. That is the first thing to fix?  Not sure if the teeth can be salvaged or not.. Oral surgeon after that. Fuck me running this is going to be expensive to save my dumbass. from heart failure due to fucked up teeth. My problem is I am allergic to the local anesthetics so no numbing stuff for me., PAINFUL DAMMIT!! Oh well shit happens.

MK

Before my dad got his kidney he had his remaining teeth pulled and got a full set of dentures. He said it was less Hassel than all the Bs involved with having teeth and a transplant because infections spead so easily.