Misc stuff about life.This one goes to eleven...

I think pros may be thinking about California.  Nice Mike sometimes I think I want a pool then I come back to my senses, not that it wouldn't get used I just don't want to maintain one.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a funny month. I've started a supplementary professional degree course some evenings to go on top of my existing manufacturing woodworker degree. Nina's joined too which is cool. Our son got

I have no idea why but I get excited like a kid when I get a haul of lumber in like that. I smiled when I saw that pic Mikro. The only sad part is when its gone after your project is done. whil

I've got a couple of fires in the iron, and definitely. That's what I'm going to do. Firstly I'm going to his union tomorrow to call his bluff on the bullshit (which I have in writing) which he has be

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Tim37 said:

I think pros may be thinking about California.  Nice Mike sometimes I think I want a pool then I come back to my senses, not that it wouldn't get used I just don't want to maintain one.

They are a pain true. I am going to pay someone else now to keep it up. I'm tired of fucking with it. I just want to enjoy the damn thing again. :) 

• Like 1

and the beat goes on,

No baby just because it is soft doesn't mean the thrill is gone.

and the beat goes on,

It's four in the morning and I'm driving towards the daylight running from the midnight.

and the beat goes on,

Me crying? Maybe it's those damn green onions you keep slicing and wiping your hands on my old blue jeans not that I mind, but a little tush would be fine.

and the beat goes on,

Broke the strings on my old guitar, speaks volumes of who you are.

and the beat goes on,

Married you 40 years ago and wild horses couldn't drag me away.

and the beat goes on,

Tonight we ride,for right or wrong, You wreck me baby.

and the beat goes on,

She's my medusa, I'm stone where I stand. Shaking my cage, running from the daylight, bad moon rising.

and the beat goes on,

mk

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well been a while since I said Hello, Hi All !!!

Just ordered me 150bdft of 6/4 maple for me to start my stair project. Also have 2 sheets of 4x8 3/4" baltic birch and 5 5x5 3/4" ply ( not the china stuff either) coming in as well. Will be delivered Tomorrow. Will see what it looks like? Never tried. this local supplier and they don't let you look at the lumber since it is a very large wholesale operation.

Have a good one,

mike

Yeah, good job you're not buying the Chinese crap. Way too many voids and compressed overlapped plies. The stuff we get here is domestically-made, and a sight better for it. Even the Dutchmen on the show faces are pristine.

So I received my hard maple today. 180 bdft. total. 6/4 rough some checking here and there not bad. Very hard heavy stuff. Now to start sizing it for planer, saw and then stair treads. My new Sliding miter saw is not in so I have to crosscut with my Skillsaw to get to manageable sizes. Most of these are 12ft. Yep there will be some waste..  LOL!!!

Oh and the Baltic Birch Ply is VERY Nice!!! So glad I didn't get that Chinese Crap. :)

edited to add: Looks like I will have plenty of flatsawn neck blanks when this is done.

maple1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys What's up? Just hanging out trying to get the old CNC back up in better shape and working on the house here.

I was looking at the GOTM entries. Man it is now all about the BUSINESS. Sorry, I just think it should be about the build. Not this Company or that Company. It seems that GOTM has reached a plateau of recognition for the company so sales will escalate? Sorry, I will not participate in that, nor will I vote. I'm about done with this. Yes I will still make my brand. My Bo Did style has already been stolen as far as the shape, so fuck it, I hope that person gets some good endorsement from it, as I already have some majors in the works. Fucking ass lurking scumbags.

I will drop in now and again to say hello to my friends.

Later Guys!!

MK

• Like 1

I agree; the flash builds tend to get votes, however the ones with the most familiarity to the community always get more. We had to kick one entry last month simply because it was more like an ad for a production model, which is complete bullshit. It has to be individual and a member build. Entries with build threads often win out though, so unless it becomes a slew of undocumented builds it's mostly all good.

I think you just described the Internet in general though Mike. :lol:

:bixby:

• Like 1
On 6/23/2017 at 0:08 PM, MiKro said:

So I received my hard maple today. 180 bdft. total. 6/4 rough some checking here and there not bad. Very hard heavy stuff. 

I have no idea why but I get excited like a kid when I get a haul of lumber in like that. I smiled when I saw that pic Mikro. The only sad part is when its gone after your project is done.

7 hours ago, MiKro said:

I was looking at the GOTM entries. Man it is now all about the BUSINESS. Sorry, I just think it should be about the build.

while the competition is open to everyone- I agree- and I have a rule for myself- (vs not voting at all)- no build thread- no vote. I dont care if its a pro build- but no build thread- no vote. I will vote against it in that case.  I have voted for some projects that while not the nicest looking or best built guitar- it had a build thread- and it was up against a pro build- and while the pro build BLEW it away- I voted for the scrapper because it had a build thread and the pro build didnt- and you got to see the scrapper builds warts and all- and the PG community was able to share in it vs seeing a nice pretty bad ass guitar with no build thread where no one learned anything from it. I think that is the essence of this community- sharing- right wrong or indifferent- and I wish this was around when I first started out. ramble over. 2 cents cashed in. 

• Like 3