First guitar FINISHED!

Looks Great! How long did it take you? I am working my first built and estimate to be done in Aug.

It took a bout 60 hours with limited tools. That includes building templates for the body, neck, headstock, neck joint, and pickups. The laqcuer is a different story. It was very cold most of the time and my impatience caused me to have to re-finish it three times. That was over 2 months of headache. It's still not perfect but it just put it together anyway to see if it was worth more effort. The good news is that it is an awesome guitar if I do say so myself. I've had a lot of great feedback.

It took a bout 60 hours with limited tools. That includes building templates for the body, neck, headstock, neck joint, and pickups. The laqcuer is a different story. It was very cold most of the time and my impatience caused me to have to re-finish it three times. That was over 2 months of headache. It's still not perfect but it just put it together anyway to see if it was worth more effort. The good news is that it is an awesome guitar if I do say so myself. I've had a lot of great feedback.

Yes definitely and awesome guitar!! I have limited tools also and knowledge. I have been teaching myself the whole way. ScottR and the other guys on this site has been a big help giving me advice and tips.

Yes definitely and awesome guitar!! I have limited tools also and knowledge. I have been teaching myself the whole way. ScottR and the other guys on this site has been a big help giving me advice and tips.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest two great YouTube resources that cleared up a lot: Fletcher Handcrafted Guitars and Sully's Guitar Garage. Both do a great job of showing methods and beginning to end projects. I spent countless hours absorbing this info. It was worth it for sure.

Yeah I too have watched those videos lots. Check out the guy Ben from Crimson Guitars on YouTube also. I picked up a few good little tips from those too. They do luthier tools aswell for any guys in the uk, decent stuff and saves on postage from stewmac etc.

Again it's a great looking axe so well done, What's next??