Guitar Of The Month - July 2015

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for all members to exhibit their creations and to vote on their favourites from each other's builds. The contest is open entry for any and all members. The winner(s) receive a featured article placement at the top of the ProjectGuitar.com homepage, default site background wallpaper and privileged member perks across the site (plus a shiny member badge in the forums!). The main ProjectGuitar.com site sees thousands of unique visitors from around the Internet so show off your work for the world to see!

Submissions are open throughout the month until about the last week when public voting opens. Polls close at the tick of midnight on the 1st of each month.

!!NEW!! Lastly, if you didn't win a previous month's Guitar Of The Month contest, you are encouraged to enter your build again the next month for a maximum of three consecutive months. Sometimes one entry in a month really eclipses other entrant's stellar work. Go to it!

Tips and Guidelines

• Post a maximum of eight photos for each instrument entered.
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise one will be given to it. :)
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build; for example....
    • The woods and materials used, especially if there is something unusual in there!
    • Scale length(s) and other specific configuration details
    • Electronics, pickups, etc.
    • Is this your first build, fifth or five-hundredth?
    • A bit of information on your background as a builder helps give context to your build. Knowing whose build is a "first-timer" and those of highly experienced builders can change a voter's mind in the contest. Was it built in the garage, at school, work or in your own shop?
    • A summary of the build's history. Was it built for yourself, friend/family or a client? Did you design the instrument and its specifications or was it built to spec? What were the inspirations behind the instrument and why were various build aspects chosen? Any background on what makes it special, etc. Tell us more about the instrument!
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness we encourage instruments made by seasoned builders to have that disclosure made so there is a more even balance between weekend warriors and grizzled veterans.
  • If you documented your build in the forums, post a link to the thread! Instruments with a build thread tend to attract more votes from the general community.

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions.

If you are unable to link/post photographs or have any other questions about the GOTM contest, either PM me or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch! In general it is recommended to upload your photos into ProjectGuitar.com Gallery and inserting them using the "My Media" button in the post editor.

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. We love to hear your discussions and opinions on the month's entries whilst the polls are open. Alternatively, head over to that instrument's build thread if one has been made in the entry post.

Good luck to all entrants!

:croudwaits

Custom Paisley Tele with Clay inlays and hand wound pickups.

I was sitting on a paduak hollow body tele and had no idea what to do with it. Saw a few paisley guitars and had to make one. This ended up being a guitar for my oldest daughter who needed an instrument to take to school, well I missed the deadline for that but I think she is happy.

2 Piece Paduak Hollowed out body

Maple neck with Ebony fretboard, used some pearl paints for the back side very neat effect

Clay inlays taken from the paisley design in the wallpaper

Custom shop magenta finish with 2 part automotive finish

I wound the pickups myself these have a great sound.

Here is the vid series for this guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvHM0_cyyFLzd9jb5tpYp_3ZUGpfY1EDy

1436212748871.jpg

1436212748865.jpg

1436212748902.jpg

1436212749021.jpg

1436212748979.jpg

<mod: on the case>

Hi Guys

This is the new Orion from Fast Guitars - http://www.fastguitars.com

Basically a ss but done our way. For some of the finer details - http://www.fastguitars.com/index.php/guitars/features.html

The specs on this particular guitar are 1pc ultralight swamp ash body with spalt maple drop-top cap. Bound body and ebony fretboard. Nice flame maple neck with ebony headstock overlay.

Thanks for looking!

post-21149-0-92323700-1436240659_thumb.jpost-21149-0-87174000-1436240696_thumb.jpost-21149-0-43401000-1436240731_thumb.jpost-21149-0-90118900-1436240799_thumb.jpost-21149-0-87405500-1436240760_thumb.j

Edited by 87kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

This is my newest creation. I call it the Titan Emerald.

25.5 scale

Honduran mahogany body and neck

Paduak laminate in neck

Quilted maple top/headstock veneer

Bare Knuckle painkillers

Evertune bridge

Coil tapping on the tone knob

Matching backplate

Entirely oiled

Hipshot open gear locking tuners

heavy volute

Something special about this one - to match the bare knuckle battle worn pickups, the top has been gouged and worn down in some spots deep. This is where you see the "lighter" green staining. Between the contouring of the top and the pickup covers, it has a really war torn feel. Hope you like it.

2PT8mMI.jpg

DSC_00421-1080x1163@2x.jpg

DSC_0085-2-1024x844@2x.jpg

DSC_0119-1080x1232@2x.jpg

DSC_0094-1080x1723@2x.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Edited by ginner