Jump to content

Vacuum system for gluing guitar top

Recommended Posts

There is at least two ways to produce vacuum, either a dedicated vacuum pump, or what I believe is called a venturi valve in english for your ordinary compressor. I have only used vacuum to glue bridges on acoustics and for that the venturi valve works like a charm. However I don't think that the valve I use is sufficient for laminating a guitar top. Check LMI for an example of the type of vacuum pump that people use for glueing tops, bracings etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...