Guitar Of The Month vote - July 2015

This month's Guitar Of The Month poll is now open!  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need another peek at this month's entries? Click HERE!

Welcome to this month's ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page and as the default site background photo, plus an all-important shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't read into the discussion until you've cast your vote! ;-)

This thread and poll automagically close on the 1st October 2015.

Mods: can someone have a look at 87Kevin's entry? None of his attached images can be downloaded. When I click on one of them I get a "Sorry, you don't have permission for that" error page. His link to the external page on his site also gives a 404 error, which means that we have no way of knowing what the build looks like to vote on it.

Mods: can someone have a look at 87Kevin's entry? None of his attached images can be downloaded. When I click on one of them I get a "Sorry, you don't have permission for that" error page. His link to the external page on his site also gives a 404 error, which means that we have no way of knowing what the build looks like to vote on it.

Hmmm, it works fine for me.....Prostheta?

SR

I think it might be something to do with how you're hosting them - I had to fiddle around with the underlying post code to make it work in the first place; attaching your images as files to the post. I hope this doesn't mess up the whole GOTM contest this month. I'd be disappointed if it did. Bear with me.

edit: We should be good to go now. It turns out that there is an explicit option in the member group permission matrices which allows/denies various members (or non-members) access to viewing attachments. This has been a slight issue which has been ongoing for a few months, exacerbated by not being immediately obvious as to the cause.

My apologies Kevin, I hope that this hasn't slanted this month's vote. I would suggest that any members who have voted and discounted Kevin's entry on the basis of the issue to double-check themselves. :-)

You should be able to add photos as attachments to posts. Either hit the "more reply options" or "use full editor". That should bring up the option to upload file attachments and then "Add to Post" where you want them to appear. I'll see if this process changes or is simplified when we upgrade the site software to the next major version in the coming weeks.

This is what appears if you attach a file (or photo) without adding it into the post:

post-6639-0-28751000-1438093463_thumb.jp

BigD: How nice to see you back here. The paisley Tele is nice, really like that you use pink pickups. The head shape doesn't do it for me. It is a tad do simple. It doesn't have to be a trad telly head, but something more ornate than now.

87Kevin: Nice guitar, like the top, also like that you design a head shape that is unusual and original.

Ginner: Got my vote. However I would have preferred a non-distressed top, as it would have been even more impressive and striking. But I'm no relic fan either...

I reported that to an admin when the contest was open, but I got no response... ^^

I reported that to an admin when the contest was open, but I got no response... ^^

I saw the report, but could not see any text as to what the problem was......and I could see all his pics just fine. I figured the report button was accidently hit--sorry. We (Carl) did have to repair links in bigdguitars post to make his pics visible....

SR

Unfortunately, a bad combination of configuration errors. We really need to rip out the wires when we update. The site has ratnested over many years. Fun times. Thankfully this helped to pinpoint a very obscure broken thing in the permissions matrices.

edit: certain user groups were unable to see attachments, hence it didn't seen broken to mods, etc.