Just got my new Strat.............

BeAR

I cant begin to say enough nice things about this company.

I placed my order online after reading a few good reviews about Fender Japan, or Ishibashi Music Corp to be precise.

I recieved a personal email from the Marketing manager within 30 minutes, thanking me for my purchase and congratulating me on a fine choice of instrument.

I responded with a couple of questions about the guitar which he answered straight away. By this time im feeling pretty good about my purchase and totally at ease.

Any worries I had were dispelled 13 hours later when I recieved another email stating that the guitar had been shipped, and I could track it across the world with the tracking number supplied.

......................Fast forward 24 hours and I check the EMS tracking service to discover that my new 62 strat is in Melbourne. Half an hour after it landed Customs had cleared the instrument and mailed it to my local post office.

Needless to say that less than 3 days after ordering, I was playing my guitar.

The quality of the instrument is better than my US 62 re issue. I love it.

st62g80t.jpg

Ill post some real pics when I can put it down long enough to pick up the camera.

3 piece Alder body in 3 col sunburst. Gold Vintage hardware, Texas Special Custom shop pickups, and a beautiful slab rosewood fret board.

My wife thinks im like a kid on Christmas morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy you're happy. So you BOUGHT a guitar then, surely that's not allowed B) .

Just wanted to ask a quick question, the blue, ex-strat that you hollowed out and put f holes in....How does it sound? You happy with it? I've got a "plywood" strat copy thats begging to hollowed out.

Anyway back to Japaneese guitars (no hijacking going on here with only the first reply :D )...........

Hotrock the ex strat sounded unbelievable. I literally finished it then got offered an obscene amount of money for it so I sold it. Sometimes you just cant say no.

As far as the Japanese Strat being superior, just the feel of the guitar, the finish on the body and the timber used. The Japanese actually try to match the 3 pieces of Alder to minimise the join lines..........US equivilent just seems not as well crafted. Its hard to explain, I guess it just feels right.

Although I must admit, the Texas Specials or definetly going on Ebay. Im not a fan at all! Great pickup, just not for me.

Guest AlexVDL
Great that you are happy with your new guitar.

The quality of the instrument is better than my US 62 re issue. I love it

In which way is the Japanese model superiour? Workmanship? Wood? Sound?

I think same quality materials and contruction or even better for a way lower price am I right? :D

that's excellent to read bear. i have looked at the ishibashi site many times before, but i didn't know they were so reliable and that they shipped to Australia. i have read from many sources that the Japanese Fenders are just as good, and/or even better than their US cousins.

Guest AlexVDL

But look out for the basswood models.. IMO basswood is the right wood to get that typical strat sound... the sounds is too thin with the single coils, but it's all a matter of taste.

For instance the Japanese Malmsteen models are made from basswood, as to the USA models which are made from alder. So keep in mind to check this out before you buy a japanese Fender.

I've contacted Ishibashi several times, they are very friendly, and they are willing to help you out in any way.

:D

Guest AlexVDL
IMO basswood is the right wood to get that typical strat sound

I guess you forgot a "not"....Correct?

hahaha yeah I meant not the right sound... that's what I gave a warning for :D

@AlexVDL: Are you sure that basswood make strats sound thin? I don't own a basswood guitar, but most Ibanez guitars and even the Universe are made of basswood and as I checked them out they did not sound thin at all. Please tell me what you know about basswood as I am thinking about trying it for one of my projects....