Cthulhu

komodo

My problem with noise is that our housing electrics literally don't have an earth. All ground wires are tied to neutral so they're noisy as hell. In that way the pressure to find a PAF-loaded guitar with a preamp that delivers the natural passive tones is high. I know what you're saying about noise, however our noise is super high. It's terrible. I'm almost considering going wireless for a run of less than a metre just to isolate myself from that shit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

My problem with noise is that our housing electrics literally don't have an earth. All ground wires are tied to neutral so they're noisy as hell. In that way the pressure to find a PAF-loaded guitar with a preamp that delivers the natural passive tones is high. I know what you're saying about noise, however our noise is super high. It's terrible. I'm almost considering going wireless for a run of less than a metre just to isolate myself from that shit!

well... see that's yer prob right there... it isn't certified TONE NOISE!!  hehe haha hoho!  wouldn't running your rig on a battery backup isolate you from the house ground issues?  I've never tried this because I've got a pretty good handle on clean power at my house but I've read about it and often wondered how well it works.