What to do with built guitars?

2.5itim

I think that a big thing I need to focus on right now is being faster while being able to do quality work, 

the hackberry/walnut guitar I am building now I would say would be in the "run of the mill no frills" category and if I'd like to make any kind of money off something like that in the future 2-3 months build times just will not cut it. 

Well, you need to have a few dozen under your belt and a built-up reputation before you can start turning any kind of profit. Sounds very negative to put it that way, but it's reality. Sure, you can sell a few that you build along the way, but those are only sales to tide you over until there's even a ball to start rolling if you get what I mean. To me, profit is something that comes in over the top above necessary reinvestment; the thing that needs to be done before you get Lambos full of Rolexes.

That's pretty much the point that @killemall8 is at (hope I'm not speaking out of turn for you here, Luis); he's built for a number of years now and quite into his stride. Business just needs to start turning over based on built-up prestige and reputation.

I totally know what you mean here, I'm not trying to make any money for a long long time minus selling the ones I do make just to get some money to make another one. I'm just trying to get a feel for how the Luthery business works I guess you could say, and in the mean time do everything I can to make myself better while I am learning all of the ropes. 

No way am I looking to make a butt load of money in this, I just enjoy doing it and if I can make enough and "sell" enough to keep myself going that would be great! This is a pretty expensive hobby and I fear that if I can't at least get to the point of selling to break even I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this hobby for that long or as often as I would like.