Acoustic guitar humidifier

How do you guys keep your guitars in correct air humidity?

Here up north the house air gets very dry on winter time, and that causes trouble for acoustic guitars. I've seen some cracked soundboards, and I don't want that to happen on my selfmade acoustic. When I had my guitar on building stage, unstrung (is that a real word?), I kept a holed plastic bag with a wet fabric inside the gutar, Now when the gutar is in use, I find it a bit un-userfriendly to pull out the bag from guitar when want to play and after being done put it back there. 

I know there are commercial products around in the market, but if I managed to build a somewhat complex acoustic instrument, I would imagine a simple user friendly DIY humidifier solution would be peace of cake :) Do you have any suggestions? Until that I keep using the bag...

You know what? I never have. I think your approach is about right though. I remember a bunch of accessories that Nina used to sell in her shop which were held between the strings and had tube with a sponge in it that sat in the soundhole. Same idea.

Maybe I need to take better care of my acoustics, especially if I am going to make my own.

Just Googled them; "Dampits". A few other manufacturers seem to make the very same thing. I reckon they'd be easy to make.

I didn't think it was really a problem, but a friend of mine has a self built 12 string which cracked, he says it's because of dry air. I haven't seen the guitar. Also few weeks ago , when we had the -20 degrees weather, there was a guy visiting at the course. He had built a really nice guitar as a present for his brother, the soundboard had cracked, just before giving the guitar away. 

You will find that the majority of Acoustic luthiers have Dehumidifiers in their workshop. After having a soundboard crack recently on an in progress acoustic build I am also in the mind that they are very important.

I'm no expert on the matter, but I am slowly looking into them myself as I would like a semi industrial one for my own workshop. I'm looking at solar powered ones so that I can run it 24/7 and not have to worry about the power bill.