Guitar Of The Month vote - March 2016

Voting for Guitar Of The Month is now closed  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Voting for Guitar Of The Month is now open!

• verhoevenc, "Model2J"
    • Boroducci, "FatStrat"
    • Hackett Customs, "Rapscallion"
    • Guitaraxz, "Grey Thunder"
    • Chris G, "59ish Les Paul"
    • Knightro Guitars, "Voyager MS6 'Project Balrog'"
    • Original, "The Dook"
    • pan_kara, "Etna"
    • Mikagi, "Bodra"

This poll is closed to new votes

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click HERE!

Welcome to this month's ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't read into the discussion until you've cast your vote! :)

Polls close automagically on 1st April 2016 (no joke)
NEW This thread will remain open for posts and discussion after polls close!

I know, right? This month is so phenomenal that I simply can't choose between any of them.

@verhoevenc, "Model2J"

Always a pleasure seeing what's firing off the table, Chris. Everything you product has something very very different about it, yet has a distinctive classiness that's become stylistically recognisable.

@boroducci, "FatStrat"

Clean, consistent and perfectly in line with what one would expect from a modern Fat Strat. Soundwise, that split really keeps it in line with its originals nicely. A lot of split coils just sound like half a humbucker (@Dylanpickups - that was a perfect way of phrasing it) however this manages to keep well within both fields.

"Fokin pickups". :lol:

@Hackett Customs, "Rapscallion"

Five-string basses will always catch my eye. Especially when people keep in something that reminds us that we're working with trees....not entirely George Nakashima-level live edge, but a subtle and conclusive reminder of wood's origins. Everything made end-to-end! I'd have to pick her up and give her a whirl, man. You got me with basses.

@Guitaraxz, "Grey Thunder"

Whoa, now that is BOLD. How anybody can make a grey guitar bold is a challenge in and of itself, but wow. Looks like a straight down the line no-nonsense player. I love workhorses.

@Chris G, "59ish Les Paul"

The backstory of this one from beginning to end was a great journey Chris. There's not much you can say about a Les Paul that doesn't get said every day, but the fact you pulled this off to that standard as your first build inspires me with confidence that your second and subsequent ones will be a magnitude of difference better. You managed to capture what is important and take it through the finish line. That only deserves respect, man.

@KnightroExpress, "Voyager MS6 'Project Balrog'"

Again, a great backstory during and after the build! Most of what I can say has already been said many times in the build thread. This guitar will provide many people with happiness and be a symbol of generosity and camaraderie for years to come. :thumb:

@Original, "The Dook"

I love the name! Makes me think of Drinky Crow.
Again, I love that you've gone the extra mile and fabricated parts in order to make something that isn't off-the-shelf or "Lego-like". Even though it was just the pickup casings, it does set it apart. That's a mighty look to it too. Aesthetically it looks "tonally powerful" to the eye.

@pan_kara, "Etna"

It was smouldering for a long time, Piotr! The cracked and crazed carving on the top is a perfect way to set it off against the theme you decided on. plus the gun-metal/matte finish around the guitar only adds to the "char" and "hot" look. The V of the end-grain is a neat little bonus too!

@Mikagi, "Bodra"

Whoa, that came out of the blue! I've spent a lot of time going through your Facebook photos and clearly you have a LOT of experience under your belt and a lot of ability to match. Mastodon dropped by eh? Sweeeeet. I'm hoping to make my own archtop 5-string bass in the next year or so; if you shared your thoughts it would be very very welcome. :thumb:

• Like 4