Guitar Of The Month vote - April 2016

Voting for Guitar Of The Month is now open!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Voting for Guitar Of The Month is now open!

• Hackett Customs, "Rapscallion 5-String"
    • mjrbuzz, "Mesquito-Caster"
    • 103801061982, "Rooster"
    • a2k, "Koi Bass"
    • Chris G, "59ish Les Paul"
    • mattharris75, "Kensley & Ellie's First Guitar"
    • Original, "The Dook"

This poll is closed to new votes

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click HERE!

Welcome to this month's ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't read into the discussion until you've cast your vote! :)

Polls close automagically on 1st May, however this thread will remain open for discussion!

4 hours ago, ProjectGuitar.com said:

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click HERE!

Welcome to this month's ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't read into the discussion until you've cast your vote! :)

Polls close automagically on 1st May, however this thread will remain open for discussion!

HI, How may I vote for the guitar contest? I can't find the page or button! Have I to replay in this thread the guitar I like to vote?.

<edit: the poll is visible at the top of the page>

Edited by ProjectGuitar.com

Wow, another big month! 

Hackett 'Rapscallion': There are so many interesting carves and details here! It really invites you to keep looking for a while.

mjrbuzz 'Mesquito-caster': I really like this one, it's classic Tele with enough of a twist to make it your own. 

103801061982 'Rooster': Headless design has been very intriguing to me lately, so you've got good timing! I really like the material choices you've made here, everything works well together.

A2K 'Koi bass': It was great to watch this one come together! From your first post to this beauty, it's been a good ride. 

Chris G '59-ish LP': This is one hell of a first build, well done!

Mattharris75 'Kensley & Ellie's 1st': This guitar is like a little jewel, it's just so beautiful to look at. 

Original 'The Dook': I really love the retro-flavored shape as a multiscale 7. The fact that you made several of the parts is great as well!

• Like 1

Hackett Customs, "Rapscallion 5-String"
Nothing to add over last month's comments really! :-)

mjrbuzz, "Mesquito-Caster"
Quite the journey with this one! The guitar went from half-finished to shockingly-good in the blink of an eye in your build thread. The angle of the f-hole and control plate balance out really nicely, and those buckers don't actually look out of place. Wonderful.

103801061982, "Rooster"
It's a little saddening that you didn't complete this instrument before posting it! That's an unbelievably-cool instrument in so many ways, with a lot of technical challenges that you seem to have managed very comfortably.

a2k, "Koi Bass"
Another amazing journey, and totally crazy this this was your first build. An absolute pleasure being along for the ride. The neck laminations remind me very distinctly of Matsumoku-era SB-1000s and other instruments in the family. Very appropriate given your location.

Chris G, "59ish Les Paul"
Again, not much to add over last month. She should be opening out by now, right? I hope you've been playing her solid since you finished the work.

mattharris75, "Kensley & Ellie's First Guitar"
You know what they say about kids' clothes...."they'll grow into it"....well, you second girl will and it's perfect for your eldest. "IPA burst" is a perfect name. That has to become a house label! The proportions are beautiful, which is very difficult to achieve on a scaled or tenor guitar. If I don't make one for my nieces and nephew now, that would make me a bad person right?

Original, "The Dook"
Not a Drinky Crow reference?
"Talk low, talk slow, don't say much", John Wayne.

drinkycrow[1].jpg

• Like 3