Bridge set up on stratocaster?

Hello guys!! Hoping you guys can help me a little bit. Im been looking all over the internet on how to line up to drill holes for my strat bridge. But come up short.. I have put on top and bottom E string,  just see if i can line it up. I can get the low E string inline center of the poles on pickups, Then my high E string will not be in the center of the poles. Really dont understand that... Can anybody give me any info? I have got

1. Stat body and neck ( Warmoth )
2. Fender 62 reissue vintage bridge
3. Fender Hot N3 noiseless Pickups
4.  Vintage Tuning Heads

O and another question, I did get the nut put in on the neck from warmoth. Do i have to do any nut filing on it? Seems to me that the string isnt setting in the groove enough. Sorry for all the info i need, But my first build. Really want to do it right. And guys thanks for any Info

Hi Brian! Not all guitars have strings that line up entirely over the centre of the pickup poles. Generally it is fine to have a little offset so splitting the difference either side is okay. The different tapers of different necks means that pickups tend to be one size fits all for the most part. I mean, you get trem-spaced humbuckers and the like plus basses tend to have more specific spacings but for a Strat? Split the difference.

It's always a good idea to treat a nut as needing fine tuning on any instrument. They're usually set conservatively meaning a higher action over the first fret. Have a close look at the slots to see whether it's that they're not filed deeply enough, the correct shape or whatever. I might be that your string gauge is larger than their default slot sizes. Again, another aspect of conservative factory setup.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Hi Brian! Not all guitars have strings that line up entirely over the centre of the pickup poles. Generally it is fine to have a little offset so splitting the difference either side is okay. The different tapers of different necks means that pickups tend to be one size fits all for the most part. I mean, you get trem-spaced humbuckers and the like plus basses tend to have more specific spacings but for a Strat? Split the difference.

It's always a good idea to treat a nut as needing fine tuning on any instrument. They're usually set conservatively meaning a higher action over the first fret. Have a close look at the slots to see whether it's that they're not filed deeply enough, the correct shape or whatever. I might be that yofor infour string gauge is larger than their default slot sizes. Again, another aspect of conservative factory setup.

Thank you for the info. I bought the right bridge. My bridge was to big for the build..