New build, makin' it up as I go....

ScottR

17 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Progress pics should actually show progress....

And a missing beer.

SR

well said- exactly why I havent posted anything lately- I keep having to sand back. Man I need proper spray equipment. as soon as this last kid is thru college big daddy here is going to drop some dough on himself. check that, biggy daddy here is going to drop some dough on WIFEY, then himself- that will work. :D

and since you mentioned beer- by the way- (posting here vs elsewhere)Scofflaw had a bad batch of yeast. dumped complete batch. will send when the "all clear" has been sounded :thumb:.

6 minutes ago, Mr Natural said:

biggy daddy here is going to drop some dough on WIFEY, then himself- that will work. :D

Smart move, that.

7 minutes ago, Mr Natural said:

and since you mentioned beer- by the way- (posting here vs elsewhere)Scofflaw had a bad batch of yeast. dumped complete batch. will send when the "all clear" has been sounded :thumb:.

Yikes!

SR

On 23/01/2017 at 0:54 AM, ScottR said:

I got all the hardware strapped on and the nut made and then strung it up. It still needs a set up and intonation. But it looks like a completed guitar, so from here on out I have indulged in gratuitous picture taking. Because we all like looking at pictures.:D

IMG_2862_zpseoiwoo8s.jpg

IMG_2863_zpsdsexjxry.jpg

IMG_2864_zpsh09pvch4.jpg

IMG_2866_zps5gnsvlm2.jpg

SR

That, is one beautiful guitar there @ScottR. I'm jealous!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 9:22 PM, avengers63 said:

The chisel-carved volute is what makes me all wiggly in my special places.

Cheers John!

Sorry I took so long to acknowledge this, I've off to meet my new grandson. I suspect you could use your scroll saw skills to decorate a volute nicely. Inlay or perhaps cutting something like your dragon F-holes in a thin sheet and laminating that as a headstock cap--or volute cap.

SR

54 minutes ago, Jdogg said:

Not gonna lie, that Rhythm King is one of my all time favorite inlay's I've ever seen done.  very classy.

Agreed. I remember all those John. Your jigsaw and inlay work has always impressed me. And not only because I don't enjoy doing it at all.

And I remember hooglebug's Cherry blossom lp as well.....too well. That one beat me out in a GOTM.:D

SR 

• 5 weeks later...